• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey.

insert the plebs demanding Milan Mandaric bringing in Big Sam with him here.

If the statement said "Steve Morgan is stepping down and the club has been bought by Sheikh Makhtoums richer mate" I would be happier. We are heading into a period of extreme uncertainty. No clue as to identity of a buyer, or even if there is a buyer out there, and an outgoing owner who has basically stated that he will honour current financial commitments but that is about it.

Hard to find any way that can be portrayed as good news.

Pretty stunned by this.

As has been said, didn't agree with a lot of what he did while at Wolves but always felt that the club was secure financially with Morgan there to back us up. The uncertainty worries me but I feel that Morgan has enough respect for the Club to make sure it ends up in good hands.

TBH I thought I'd be happy but I am not. Like others I can't see a buyer out there and we could drift along going nowhere. Imagine an owner like at Leeds or Brentford, changing his mind on a whim giving the club no time to settle.

Just seen this and I'm very concerned about the future of our club.

Let's hope for a positive resolution to all this - and preferably a swift one too so we can be rid of the uncertainty.

I daresay my tolerance to a certain section of our fan base is going to be tested even further....

If the statement said "Steve Morgan is stepping down and the club has been bought by Sheikh Makhtoums richer mate" I would be happier. We are heading into a period of extreme uncertainty. No clue as to identity of a buyer, or even if there is a buyer out there, and an outgoing owner who has basically stated that he will honour current financial commitments but that is about it.

Hard to find any way that can be portrayed as good news.

This.

Sir Jack put us up for sale as a Premier League club at a time where business was less volatile and couldn't shift us, there is absolutely no guarantees here and I imagine Morgan's due diligence won't be nearly as stringent. We could find ourselves in serious trouble.

Lerner doesn't want anywhere near his investment back by all accounts and Villa have been in the top flight for over 25 unbroken years, one of the biggest grounds in the country, FA Cup final last year, European Cup winners etc. They are the attractive proposition in the area you would think and yet no takers.

Peace hasn't been able to sell Albion because he wants far too much for it, merely by dint of their PL status they would be more tempting to investors than we will. I really do not see Morgan selling at a substantial loss. I suspect he would see £30m as a substantial loss as while it covers his initial investment in full it doesn't take account of all the work at Compton etc. I don't think we have a prayer of finding anyone decent, they'd be paying over the odds for not much.

I have a pretty bad feeling about this.

Morgan will want his investment back (30 mill) plus whatever he has put into the club infrastructure. As a mid table championship club we are unlikely to attract the value he will want, and I very much doubt he will do a SJH!

Imo this is a reflection on the stupid, reactionary thought process of modern football fans.

Lerner doesn't want anywhere near his investment back by all accounts and Villa have been in the top flight for over 25 unbroken years, one of the biggest grounds in the country, FA Cup final last year, European Cup winners etc. They are the attractive proposition in the area you would think and yet no takers.

Peace hasn't been able to sell Albion because he wants far too much for it, merely by dint of their PL status they would be more tempting to investors than we will. I really do not see Morgan selling at a substantial loss. I suspect he would see £30m as a substantial loss as while it covers his initial investment in full it doesn't take account of all the work at Compton etc. I don't think we have a prayer of finding anyone decent, they'd be paying over the odds for not much.

Both very good points.

as Richard Wilford from WM just tweeted, the 4 biggest West Midlands clubs effectively all up for sale

Sent from my GT-I9515 using Tapatalk

Wow I didn't see that coming, but I'm not surprised, who in their right mind would want to own a football club? you get nothing but shit and end up spending loads of your own money in a money pit, its different if you're Jack Hayward, a fan with deep pockets but I doubt there's any of those left......I am very worried about the future of the club

Hooray

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Really?

I would wait and see what the replacement is before getting the bunting out. If no buyer is on the immediate horizon you can guarantee our best will be sold in January to get some of the investment back and allow Morgan to sell at a lower fee, probably to an absolute lunatic. Fucking ecstatic at this.

No - we could get the wrong owner and find ourselves in division fucking two.

This could be great news, or this could be a disaster.

I hope the board pay full attention to the due diligence process when courting potential buyers, we don't want an Oyston or a Romanov in charge.

Worrying times I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back