• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty confident that this interregnum will probably be Moxey's last stint at the club.

Would hope so. Not so much in a "Moxley ate all the pies and is shit" kind of way, just he has been at the club too long and we need fresh ideas (we needed that 2-3 years tbh)

I know SJH had a strict criteria when selling, but it took him an age.

Interesting months ahead.

(Is Souness still wanting to buy a club?)

Sir Jack is gone and I can't see Morgan holding out for a British only buyer

I don't think anyone will buy us. Morgan is unlikely to write off much of his £30m investment, he'll consider the bricks and mortar value of the club to have increased given the new stand and the work at Compton and no-one will pay it as we aren't worth it.

So we get to drift aimlessly for months, if not years. Yay.

But Scouse Mafia out...double YAY.

Hopefully we can work out who is a total nut job early doors

i'd feel better about it if i was a little more confident it was happening for best interests of the club - (ie taking it forward, investment) rather than maybe an emotional response from SM because some fans gave him a hard time. hard to say on little or no info.

I know that but in the time Sir Jack was trying to sell we had 2 interested parties.

My concern is that I'm not that convinced that Morgan really cares who buys us, so long as they stump up the £50m (?) he'd want. Whereas Sir Jack was insistent that whoever came in was at the very least investing funds upfront directly into the club as a condition of sale.

"Morgan you cunt get your fucking cheque book out or fuck off you scouse wanker I hate you"

SM - "I am selling and leaving immediately"

"Morgan you cunt, leaving us in the lurch. Scouse wanker"

So, so predictable...

So out of the blue, it makes me start to wonder that this means maybe he's just had some bad news from the hospital?

Well there you go. To curb a well known phrase "be careful what you wish for".

Be interesting to see where we go from here.

My concern is that I'm not that convinced that Morgan really cares who buys us, so long as they stump up the £50m (?) he'd want. Whereas Sir Jack was insistent that whoever came in was at the very least investing funds upfront directly into the club as a condition of sale.

Indeed. Looking around at other clubs, fuck knows what we will end up with.

Shall I start Fundraising to campaign for a Cyber Mong buy out?

Question for the Accountants out there. I know that the playing staff are treated as assets when valuing the club, but how is this valuation calculated? Afobe being the prime example, is he worth the £2m we paid or the £10m we rejected? If the former then this is definitely a recent decision as surely you'd be better off selling him, not having time to find a replacement, putting the money in the bank and selling the club with this on the balance sheet

Indeed. Looking around at other clubs, $#@! knows what we will end up with.

Shall I start Fundraising to campaign for a Cyber Mong buy out?

The cyber mong "Wolves ay we" consortium?

Question for the Accoutants out there. I know that the playing staff are treated as assets when valuing the club, but how is this valuation calculated. Afobe being the prime example, is he worth the £2m we paid or the £10m we rejected? If the former turn this ja definitely a recent decision as surely you'd be better off selling him, not having time to find a replacement, putting the money in the bank and selling the club with this on the balance sheet

Afobe is a £2m asset depreciating at a rate of £571k a year (being on a three and a half year deal when we signed him).

Fuck me, just heard on 5live, sound of champagne corks popping everywhere I would imagine

As the well worn cliché goes, 'be careful what you wish for'.

No coincidence that this comes on the same day that we find out there is flowing water on Mars. The Martians are coming to lodge a financial takeover and get us to the Champions League. I, for one, welcome their new leadership.

No coincidence that this comes on the same day that we find out there is flowing water on Mars. The Martians are coming to lodge a financial takeover and get us to the Champions League. I, for one, welcome their new leadership.

Martian Mafia OUT!

Afobe is a £2m asset depreciating at a rate of £571k a year (being on a three and a half year deal when we signed him).

Thanks, definitely a recent decision then. Fan row, Moxey / Jackett row as suggested by Alan Nixon yesterday or just now sees his youth vision is flawed? Perhaps all 3

Question for the Accountants out there. I know that the playing staff are treated as assets when valuing the club, but how is this valuation calculated? Afobe being the prime example, is he worth the £2m we paid or the £10m we rejected? If the former turn this ja definitely a recent decision as surely you'd be better off selling him, not having time to find a replacement, putting the money in the bank and selling the club with this on the balance sheet

he's worth his market valuation, which is of course subjective. but it's not like we're about to sell afobe outside a window. an overall S&P valuation methodology can be as simple as how SJH did it or more complex. what you'd hope is that a new owner comes in to take the club forward and not to asset strip, so conditionality of the sale is most important and you'd hope that the BOD will protect the club from anyone dodgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back