• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking concerning times for definite. I just can't see great alternatives out there really. Hopefully some beneficient billionaire is out there who wants to throw vast sums at it. Otherwise, we are looking at potentially years in the doldrums and all our best playing assets being sold. Fantastic stuff.

Really?

I would wait and see what the replacement is before getting the bunting out. If no buyer is on the immediate horizon you can guarantee our best will be sold in January to get some of the investment back and allow Morgan to sell at a lower fee, probably to an absolute lunatic. Fucking ecstatic at this.

I'd like to think that Morgan has enough respect for the club to make sure it ends up in good hands.

Wow I didn't see that coming, but I'm not surprised, who in their right mind would want to own a football club? you get nothing but $#@! and end up spending loads of your own money in a money pit, its different if you're Jack Hayward, a fan with deep pockets but I doubt there's any of those left......I am very worried about the future of the club

to be fair, steve morgan did want to own a football club. i'm not sure he ever quite imagined it would be as tough as it has been and clearly he does get emotional, though who wouldn't. of course, in the absence of a bidder at the right price, the club might not be sold. any thought it may be a tactic of sorts just to shut up the fans who are whinging?

Yeah we could get the wrong owner with no ambition and be in the lower half of the championship.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Or we could find ourselves in League Two in double quick time like Blackpool inevitably will at the end of this season.

This smacks of an emotional reaction to something (which we know he is capable of) rather than a thought out policy. If it were the latter then would have expected much of this in private until a potential purchaser was in line rather than an open sale in public.

Will undoubtedly give a period of uncertainty which won't help given our current league situation.

However, no point worrying over what happens till it does as we have sod all influence

I'd like to think that Morgan has enough respect for the club to make sure it ends up in good hands.

Depends. If it really is because our mouth breathers gave him a round of fucks at the weekend (which would be very thin skinned, but anyway) then I'm not sure why he'd care either way. What saves us from the very worst of the tyrekickers, scammers and asset strippers is the high price that will undoubtedly be demanded, but that doesn't immunise the club from that threat completely.

Well, if every season ticket holder chucked in a couple of grand as part of a buyout by a supporter's trust then it wouldn't be far off £40m+...

Depends - I would have thought his respect for the original wishes of SJH might be more key after the abuse Morgan has received from various quarters for virtually all of his reign. He will make sure we don't get into hock until an owner can be found, but you can guarantee our transfer budget until a change of ownership has become nil, and there will be no chance of increasing wage packets when contracts come up for renewal. This is really, REALLY bad news potentially, unless Morgan is prepared to take a massive hit on his initial investment.

Certainly didnt expect this, morgan is probably not believing in promotion this year so he wanna move on now...disturbing that villa and wba are for sale in the same time

Well, if every season ticket holder chucked in a couple of grand as part of a buyout by a supporter's trust then it wouldn't be far off £40m+...

It would be £26m. And then on top of that how do you pay for the club to run? Magic beans?

(And that is assuming that all STHs had two grand available - I know I don't have two quid spare at the mo, let alone two grand)

I wouldn't be surprised if this has actually been in the works since the summer, as it would explain why our net transfer spend was so surprisingly close to zero.

This smacks of an emotional reaction to something (which we know he is capable of) rather than a thought out policy. If it were the latter then would have expected much of this in private until a potential purchaser was in line rather than an open sale in public.

Will undoubtedly give a period of uncertainty which won't help given our current league situation.

However, no point worrying over what happens till it does as we have sod all influence

Well I worry we're going to play Dangerous Dave ad a left winger and I have no control over that!

I agree it's an emotional response to something - as we know he does - storming into th dressing room after a shit result for example.

I don't think it is based on 1 slanging match though, it has probably been building for a while and he has finally snapped.

It would be £26m. And then on top of that how do you pay for the club to run? Magic beans?

(And that is assuming that all STHs had two grand available - I know I don't have two quid spare at the mo, let alone two grand)

Was in jest more than anything!

Although would be nice to have a club owned and ran like Palace are at the moment.

Certainly didnt expect this, morgan is probably not believing in promotion this year so he wanna move on now...disturbing that villa and wba are for sale in the same time

It is nothing to do with that. He is pissed off at the fucking abuse and shite I reckon. Either that or personal circumstances (such as his impending divorce or (hopefully not) health problems)

Don't forget, Blues are on the market as well.

No ambition Paddy! Where's your money gone?!

Get your cheque book out!

No ambition Paddy! Where's your money gone?!

Get your cheque book out!

I'll speak to the bank manager...

That was quick, he told me to get fucked.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has actually been in the works since the summer, as it would explain why our net transfer spend was so surprisingly close to zero.

He was probably hoping that with we could get promoted with very little spent and then we would be a much more attractive proposition to potential buyers.

It is nothing to do with that. He is pissed off at the $#@!ing abuse and $#@!e I reckon. Either that or personal circumstances (such as his impending divorce or (hopefully not) health problems)

Don't forget, Blues are on the market as well.

hadn't thought of that. let's hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back