• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real talk, though. I'm scared shitless for our club right now. For all the grief Morgan got, he didn't pocket money and let us drown. We made some puzzling player purchases during his tenure but he isn't exactly a scout. He's leaving us in a good position and I believe we can trust him to find a suitable buyer if and when one comes.

I'd say Moxey was the responsible party for any and all shit decisions although he also brought stability. We are an attractive position for long-term growth and stability but we, as fans, easily ignore that idea. We want Premier football now.

Hopefully, for whatever reason, we are seen as the most attractive of the 4 big clubs in the area. I hope Morgan has realistic expectations of what he can recoup with a sale and we don't miss out on a smart potential owner.

I will hold out hope that the Sheikhs are all locked in a room in a bidding war for the old gold. Just leave us our identity.

To a certain age age group we may have been the most attractive but they am all dead. There's a rumour that Alex Ferguson is interested.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Why would there be?
With the greatest respect and principally because they're in the Prem, with no one lining up to by West Brom why would we be so attractive to a serious sheik.
We're wide open now to some fucking syndicate headed up by Souness and his cronies or a bunch of past it footballers in it for the immediate limelight before it all turns to shit because of no investment at all and no experience.

If Tony is right and there was a bust up at Preston and Morgan and his family (somewhat sensitively) thought, 'I can do without all this vile shit', I hope that bunch of fuckers who've pissed him off feel good about it.
Cause I have to say, I can't see anyone with a love of Wolves or even Wolverhampton coming in for us and anyone less just fills me with dread. Absolute dread.

We'd better mark this day in our lives because at 16th in the Championship we might well be at a real high point!

What a shit day.

I completely agree. The beneficient billionaire is hugely unlikely to be out there. The worse case scenarios are frankly far more likely. This is a shit day indeed.

Steve Froggat on WM just said that Jackett has gone on record as being unhappy with 'Wolves transfer policy', whatever that means.
He also said there has been quite a lot of turmoil going on behind the scenes in the club....

There's gonna be so much shit flying around for weeks now...

And I'll bet the days are numbered for our beloved 'Molineux'.

It'll end up as Good Year Tyre Stadium or some fucking fast food chain name, or an Airline....
God.

I think he brought a lot of the disillusionment on by his failure to manage expectations, opting for short-term gain of selling season tickets. He and his mouthpiece Moxey created the impression that we would build on last year’s steady progress but most fans feel we’ve regressed. I fully support building a club that is self-sufficient and promotes youth players but I also realise that it won’t bring immediate results. The sale of Stearman was the final straw for many fans as it sent the message that we are not really pushing for promotion but going to take our time and rely on young players not ready for that level yet. For many waiting in today’s society is an alien concept - they want PL now! A good example is JOSWolf on MM - he sounds like a spoiled kid that screams and screams whenever we don’t win.

We are where we are and like others I hope we get a new owner that carries on the current policy but deep pockets would be a nice too, though highly unlikely. My fear is that we’ll end up in limbo for months or years and gradually decline like Sheffield United.

... And it's back to hating Facebook again. Probably best I don't check Twitter...

To a certain age age group we may have been the most attractive but they am all dead. There's a rumour that Alex Ferguson is interested.

More chance of Paddy getting that bank loan.

Is Froggatt referring to that two-bit Sun article? With huge quotes in it? Something is very wrong in the state of Molineux for sure though. I am very worried, tbh.

Steve Froggat on WM just said that Jackett has gone on record as being unhappy with 'Wolves transfer policy', whatever that means.
He also said there has been quite a lot of turmoil going on behind the scenes in the club....

There's gonna be so much $#@! flying around for weeks now...
What was his source? Was it the Nixon rumour in the improvements thread?

He hasn't, unless there's been a statement put out by a channel other than the official site in the last hour. Off the record, maybe he has (though as I said yesterday, not much if anything has changed since the day he arrived). On record he definitely has not.

I'm 'going on the record' to say that Steve Froggat is a fucking cockwomble.

Didn't Morgan say that if the fans didn't want him he would go?
He should have got the E&S to do a survey. They love a good Poll.

I'm betting they are putting together a "Steve Morgan in pictures" feature as we speak.

He looked me in the eye when he said it, and he fucking meant it. Of course the vocal lot never see that they are doing anything wrong. Loyal supporters, and all that.

Good news if the right bankroller wants to show up and we are a good investment. This statement shows why we spent so little in the summer and sold Stearman. He was getting ready to go. Shame he hadnt done it close season and given a little more time to get equilibrium back. I wont hide my disappointment for the current strategy as its flawed and perhaps SM realises it and hopes someone else will bank roll the premiership push as required. He has made it clear he wont and expected a self funding club. As a positive that is a great selling point to potential investors. We are a cheap option with a great fanbase that would be well worth a speculative punt.
No animosity - he backed managers and kept the club stable but I do think he was a little cautious after the OHara Johnson etc debacles and Solbakken . Rich people dont throw money around.

Moxey is on borrowed time surely. He has been here too long and its a bit stale.

Given the fact that ManCity were in a worse position by a long way when they were taken over perhaps Sheik Ya Money would be interested? Interesting times. I wish SM well but feel optomistic that we may well be changing strategy and impetus for the better

Some plum "Pete" on WM now saying Sam Allardyce has been spotted at the Molineux at the last four home games.

More chance of Paddy getting that bank loan.
He is a Wolves fan and he was once interviewed for managers job before he went to United. He said we got more chance of going bankrupt than up a division. He was a decent judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back