• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
MANCHESTER City

WOLVERHAMPTON Wanderers

Spot the difference in club ceiling. Even before you consider they were an established Premier League club with an existing mid-table squad and we aren't anywhere near promotion to the Premier League at the moment.

Thats Fair DW. Manchester is a bigger name but I would argue that given the Wolverhampton regeneration (club and City)over the last 20 years we do represent a real opportunity for the right investor more so than Villa . We will cost less and bring almost as much to the table.

I'd class Albion as a yo yo team up until their most recent stay

01/02 promoted
02/03 relegated
03/04 promoted
04/05 great escape upstairs
05/06 relegated
06/07 lost play offs to Derby
07/08 Promoted
08/09 relegated
09/10-present premier league.

They were relegated to division one in 1995/96. They were relegated in 1997/98 when they were relegated to Division Two. They won promotion to Division One in 00/01 after the 2-2 play off final with Gillingham, they went up to the premier league in 01/02 with Albion the year we bottled it.

Stop talking.

from 1995 to 2001 Mancity were promoted 3 times and relegated three times. "Stop trying to fit their scenario to your narrative-it holds no water and its inaccurate" Now lets stay civil and agree to disagree... even though my facts are in fact correct..

I'd class Albion as a yo yo team up until their most recent stay

01/02 promoted
02/03 relegated
03/04 promoted
04/05 great escape upstairs
05/06 relegated
06/07 lost play offs to Derby
07/08 Promoted
08/09 relegated
09/10-present premier league.

Agreed but I wasnt talking about them was I

Man City squad at the end of the season before the takeover

Joe Hart
Vedran Corluka
Micah Richards
Richard Dunne
Michael Ball
Javier Garrido
Stephen Ireland
Gelson
Dietmar Hamman
Martin Petrov
Elano
Darius Vassell
Michael Johnson
Geovanni
Emile Mpenza
Benjani

etc etc

Not a weak set of players at all.

I'm just hoping we don't have the sort of numpties that own Leeds buy us.

Didn't Morgan say he was committed a few weeks ago?

from 1995 to 2001 Mancity were promoted 3 times and relegated three times. "Stop trying to fit their scenario to your narrative-it holds no water and its inaccurate" Now lets stay civil and agree to disagree... even though my facts are in fact correct..

The point is the yo-yo completely and utterly stopped in 2001. And stayed that way until the takeover. YES - Thaksin had had his assets frozen but the side was a very comfortable top half side, playing in front of 40,000 every home game. Completely different from us.

The point is the yo-yo completely and utterly stopped in 2001. And stayed that way until the takeover. YES - Thaksin had had his assets frozen but the side was a very comfortable top half side, playing in front of 40,000 every home game. Completely different from us.

Plus it was pretty obvious that as one of the two teams in Manchester the potential for bigger gates was obvious. Its hard to imagine WOlves, even with a bigger ground, ever getting more than 40-50k. Certainly not in the short term.

How about www.crowdfunder.co.uk then persuade 300,000 supporters to pledge £100?
I wonder how many members all of the uk and international supporters clubs have?
Wima big club ay we? ;)

(as someone wiser than me pointed out - buying would be one thing, how do you run it?!)

Hugely worrying news.

The illiterate buffoons busy celebrating now are forgetting one simple thing. We aren't being bought, we are being sold.

People sell for one reason, they don't want it anymore, and there's usually a reason why

I'm no Morgan fan whatsoever but these are worrying times.

Completely agree.
Very worrying scenario.
We could be truly f****d

Seems to be a lot of doom and gloom around. I'm not that concerned. I don't think Morgan is about to ruin his asset nor put any more money in. However, I don't think (from the accounts anyway) Wolves have had any external investment since we have been relegated from the Championship.

I would say the club is self-sustaining and so whilst not likely to fall through the floor, isn't likely to go anywhere. You could say this is a good position for a sale compared to the three others in the midlands who all have their problems, whether that be relegation threat, over priced or interesting accounts. Morgan isn't stupid and nor would he act in a fit of pique at a decision this large that impacts him personally. I think fans and in particular dickheads on the Internet are giving themselves way too much credit for seemingly influencing an owner to sell.

I also don't think Morgan would place anything up for sale unless he and his advisers (external not JM) had a plan as the longer anything is up for sale the less it is worth, as a rule. We don't know that he already hasn't got a buyer lined up and it's just legalese that the club have announced they are for sale.

It's very negative in the owner stakes, why do people assume we are going to get a bad owner? Who's to say Morgan hadn't been approached by a Markus Lliebher or Matthew Benham or Peter Coates type?

Personally I would like to see a Swansea style of ownership but that would mean Morgan selling for a lower price than he wants.

Good news if the right bankroller wants to show up and we are a good investment. This statement shows why we spent so little in the summer and sold Stearman. He was getting ready to go. Shame he hadnt done it close season and given a little more time to get equilibrium back. I wont hide my disappointment for the current strategy as its flawed and perhaps SM realises it and hopes someone else will bank roll the premiership push as required. He has made it clear he wont and expected a self funding club. As a positive that is a great selling point to potential investors. We are a cheap option with a great fanbase that would be well worth a speculative punt.
No animosity - he backed managers and kept the club stable but I do think he was a little cautious after the OHara Johnson etc debacles and Solbakken . Rich people dont throw money around.

Moxey is on borrowed time surely. He has been here too long and its a bit stale.

Given the fact that ManCity were in a worse position by a long way when they were taken over perhaps Sheik Ya Money would be interested? Interesting times. I wish SM well but feel optomistic that we may well be changing strategy and impetus for the better

Why didn't we sell Afobe then, clearly the most obvious move to realise cash?

What a clueless $#@!.

60d4a15c3c5feb7004c850f1cacf5546.jpg

I noticed you gave him some shite over this, so did I. Franks on WM spouting the same suite, I don't know if they are bad journalists or just playing to the crowd, which is what I accused Spiers of

It's very negative in the owner stakes, why do people assume we are going to get a bad owner? Who's to say Morgan hadn't been approached by a Markus Lliebher or Matthew Benham or Peter Coates type?

For me its that any 'good' owner would probably think there are other clubs that offer a better opportunity than Wolves. Leaving us with the asset strippers.

ANy potential owner needs to be either rich enough that they can write off losses without a care (CHelsea, Man City), or they're in it to make money by making the club succesful, or they're in it to make money by selling anything they can.

If its the first case they could do better buying someone else, if its the scond then they'd be geniuses, if its the third they're the Bhattis.

If Im wrong i'll admit it to anyone that will listen. Unlike the mouthbreathers who have forced him out. You know if it goes tits up they'll be nowhere to be seen.

Thats Fair DW. Manchester is a bigger name but I would argue that given the Wolverhampton regeneration (club and City)over the last 20 years we do represent a real opportunity for the right investor more so than Villa . We will cost less and bring almost as much to the table.

What regeneration of the City ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back