• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very surprising news. All we can hope for is that the club is sold to someone who will have the right motives for taking over a football club. Some say Wolves would not be an attractive proposition, well I am not so sure. We were recently in the premier league, and even in lower divisions we were getting crowds of 20,000 plus. The right owner with the necessary financial support could well see Wolves once again dining at the top table.

Or alternatively we could an Oyston type owner who will have no concerns for the club.

People saying the abuse has made him do it am I the only one who does not know what abuse? I haven't heard any abuse since league one started. Sorry I don't read the E and S

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Just seen this and I'm very concerned about the future of our club.

Let's hope for a positive resolution to all this - and preferably a swift one too so we can be rid of the uncertainty.

I daresay my tolerance to a certain section of our fan base is going to be tested even further....
Ditto to this. First foray onto the internet in a couple of days and fucking hell there's some crazy people over on another forum.

It's on molmix apparently a bunch of fucking idiots started with personal abuse and usual brain dead shite.

Can't see anyone wanting to buy us and bank roll the club, so I'm with Paddy. We're fucked, but at least we'll have a good idea of who to blame.

I'll speak to the bank manager...

That was quick, he told me to get fucked.

No way would you have been able to speak to a bank manager that quickly unless you were a Premier Banking client - in which case you have the money to divi up your share. :icon_smile:

Or alternatively we could an Oyston type owner who will have no concerns for the club.

Unless an Albion fan wins the EuroMillions this won't happen. No-one is going to pay anywhere between £30m and £50m for a going concern and run it into the ground, you'd be fairly limited on making any kind of a return even if you stripped away everything you possibly could from the club.

However there are a range of possible unpalatable situations, from the Sheff Wed scenario of having ticket prices rocketed through the roof, the Forest scenario of paying bills in an eccentric way, running the club through Twitter and appointing Alex McLeish AND Stuart Pearce, or the Leeds scenario of having a convicted tax fraud running the show on his own personal whim. And they are three owners who aren't even widely disliked by their club's support, there are plenty even worse out there.

No way would you have been able to speak to a bank manager that quickly unless you were a Premier Banking client - in which case you have the money to divi up your share. :icon_smile:

HSBC advance account is a legacy of when I did have a few quid. Super quick phone lines, ya nor. Saying that, as part of the call, they have probably removed those privileges!

Get acquainted with the history books, far more likelihood of being a Bhatti plaything again than suddenly turning into Manchester City.

My biggest concern is he asset strips and leaves us with a Blackpool situation.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has actually been in the works since the summer, as it would explain why our net transfer spend was so surprisingly close to zero.

I think this could be the case.

If so, I'll give him credit for tying down Dicko, KMac etc before putting us up for sale.

As far as I'm aware - our best players are all now tied up on mid to long term deals.

It is a shame that our most successful owner both in terms of on the pitch and in terms of putting the club right financially might be hounded out.

No chance of that, surprised you would even think that. Might not like him, but he is definitely not that kind of person.

Statement also says he will continue to financially support the club until sold.

You have heard about what happened in 1982, haven't you?
I was there lol I just trying to be ironic, being controversial I always like to point out the opposite of this "be careful what you wish for" shit it's not worth a wank it's not in our hands he decided to sell, we are where we are I hope we will prosper from it but as you say I am also aware that another bhatti brothers is possible.

The Oystons have leeched all the Premier League and parachute money, there is none of that left for us. The only real way he could asset strip is by selling all our players and pocketing the cash (unlikely) or selling off the training ground (even more unlikely) given that he can't sell the stadium as the club doesn't own the land.

Hopefully some beneficient billionaire is out there who wants to throw vast sums at it.

Why would there be?
With the greatest respect and principally because they're in the Prem, with no one lining up to by West Brom why would we be so attractive to a serious sheik.
We're wide open now to some fucking syndicate headed up by Souness and his cronies or a bunch of past it footballers in it for the immediate limelight before it all turns to shit because of no investment at all and no experience.

If Tony is right and there was a bust up at Preston and Morgan and his family (somewhat sensitively) thought, 'I can do without all this vile shit', I hope that bunch of fuckers who've pissed him off feel good about it.
Cause I have to say, I can't see anyone with a love of Wolves or even Wolverhampton coming in for us and anyone less just fills me with dread. Absolute dread.

We'd better mark this day in our lives because at 16th in the Championship we might well be at a real high point!

What a shit day.

Get acquainted with the history books, far more likelihood of being a Bhatti plaything again than suddenly turning into Manchester City.
My history goes farther back than that. Also there haven't been many bhatti types really. Maybe shit owners but not that bad

Hugely worrying news.

The illiterate buffoons busy celebrating now are forgetting one simple thing. We aren't being bought, we are being sold.

People sell for one reason, they don't want it anymore, and there's usually a reason why

I'm no Morgan fan whatsoever but these are worrying times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back