• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-2 Newcastle Utd: Verdict Thread

You always have to take the good with the bad when it comes to forums, they always have the propensity to turn medieval, especially when you add football, strong personalities and emotion to the mix.

Speaking personally, I've never found it much different over the years, and I was around in the 90s on the E&S Mol Mix. The likes of LIQ, The Prof, BAWS, Essex, SFS and others (and probably myself too) could make it a rich cunt soup quite often back then, but also brilliant, informed and amusing.

I see TWF as not much different, and for me (not having lived in the West Mids for over 25 years), I find it a link to friends and family I don't see (even if they're not on here)

I respect anyone who's struggled with the cut and thrust on occasion, I have myself, but you have to find a way through it if you can, sometimes it means taking a break, just lurking for a bit etc.

I'm always open to a PM if I've ever overstepped the mark with anyone

I don't think that the vibes here have drastically changed over the decade+ I've been posting, but I do think that people are just weary of it at this point. Some more than others, naturally.

You always have to take the good with the bad when it comes to forums, they always have the propensity to turn medieval, especially when you add football, strong personalities and emotion to the mix.

Speaking personally, I've never found it much different over the years, and I was around in the 90s on the E&S Mol Mix. The likes of LIQ, The Prof, BAWS, Essex, SFS and others (and probably myself too) could make it a rich cunt soup quite often back then, but also brilliant, informed and amusing.

I see TWF as not much different, and for me (not having lived in the West Mids for over 25 years), I find it a link to friends and family I don't see (even if they're not on here)

I respect anyone who's struggled with the cut and thrust on occasion, I have myself, but you have to find a way through it if you can, sometimes it means taking a break, just lurking for a bit etc.

I'll tell you to fuck off publicly, thanks. 😘

(This is a joke)

On a completely unrelated and mildly stupid note, “sceptic” will never not be a bizarre spelling to me.
When you live in the country, off mains so to speak, do you guys use a sceptic tank? Sorry, I'll stop...

I mean this all kicked off with a banned poster (banned because he used a word that was last even vaguely acceptable in around 1991 and wouldn't back down) using a sock puppet to moan about the forum when he'd used the same sock puppet to passively-aggressively post emojis at everyone without ever posting off that account. So it needs keeping in perspective.

But I'm always open to knowing whether what I say is on or not. I can't always get it right.

I was firmly in the O'Neil out camp as on the evidence I saw I felt he was hopelessly out of his depth and a very strange appointment to go from a Europa winning manager to a recently sacked by Bournemouth novice and in the early games things were playing out thus. I do however feel I went a bit OTT in some of my criticism and feel that I was being a bit petulant due to losing Lopetegui and replacing him with this fella. I really regret using the word 'despise' in regards to O'Neil as that was hyperbole central and totally uncalled for and untrue.

Since City when I started to see positive signs of him I changed my stance and decided to rein it in a bit as he deserved it. I just wanted to see things to give cause for optimism about his appointment, prior to City I did not, since then things have looked much better.

As DW said, its ok to have opinions and change them as things evolve

I mean this all kicked off with a banned poster (banned because he used a word that was last even vaguely acceptable in around 1991 and wouldn't back down) using a sock puppet to moan about the forum when he'd used the same sock puppet to passively-aggressively post emojis at everyone without ever posting off that account. So it needs keeping in perspective.

But I'm always open to knowing whether what I say is on or not. I can't always get it right.
Wait. Ws was Pogo?

Wait. Ws was Pogo?
No, WS was WS. No idea who he claimed to be before, I am fairly sure he was just lying and hadn't been on here at all since relatively recently.

"Bev's Trousers" was his alt and he spent months - even before his main account was banned - being a prick with emoji responses.

No, WS was WS. No idea who he claimed to be before, I am fairly sure he was just lying and hadn't been on here at all since relatively recently.

"Bev's Trousers" was his alt and he spent months - even before his main account was banned - being a prick with emoji responses.
It was WS? Didn't know that. He called me a cunt I believe when we didn't really have an issue with each other on here. Oh well, at least I didn't get invited round to Wednesfield for a chat

It was WS? Didn't know that. He called me a cunt I believe when we didn't really have an issue with each other on here. Oh well, at least I didn't get invited round to Wednesfield for a chat
How dare you, Wednesfield has a WV postcode.

I don't think anyone had an issue with him, he made it all up, like he did last night when he said he'd been here "much longer than you" and didn't have the balls to actually disagree with me on say, Sa, just hide behind reactions.

I'd feel bad about calling him out except it's clearly dick behaviour, so fuck you, campervan man. You can have my postcode if you like.

To be fair he called you a PE Teacher Cunt, I was about to defend your honour and tell him you weren't a PE teacher, you were something to do with retail but alas he was gone

How dare you, Wednesfield has a WV postcode.

I don't think anyone had an issue with him, he made it all up, like he did last night when he said he'd been here "much longer than you" and didn't have the balls to actually disagree with me on say, Sa, just hide behind reactions.

I'd feel bad about calling him out except it's clearly dick behaviour, so fuck you, campervan man. You can have my postcode if you like.
I'm sorry it was Wednesbury wasn't it? I will sign off for the night and ban myself for 12 hours

Well this is where lumping people into "the group" or "the clique" is a problem, isn't it. Because I've been trying to work out all afternoon where I've gone wrong and what I can do to fix it, then other random people keep getting chucked in.
You haven't gone wrong I don't think, of course you go ott sometimes, nothing wrong with that, we all do, its a forum, it's football, a game that tends to give rise to high emotions.
I do think that sometimes certain posters come across as quite condescending and patronising but at the end of the day it's just football.

Since City when I started to see positive signs of him I changed my stance and decided to rein it in a bit as he deserved it. I just wanted to see things to give cause for optimism about his appointment, prior to City I did not, since then things have looked much better.

As DW said, its ok to have opinions and change them as things evolve
These are the bits I just don’t understand though. I thought there were plenty of signs for optimism. Man United was good, Brighton was good that first half until the second which wasn’t in the slightest down to the manager, Everton we won despite being shit, Liverpool was more good than bad, Palace wasn’t that bad.

There was more good than bad even if results weren’t going our way. All whilst still having to familiarise himself with the players and little time to get his ideas accross in a tough set of fixtures. I don’t feel those good moments would have happened if the players weren’t buying in and he was out of his depth.

Back