• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-2 Newcastle Utd: Verdict Thread

Yep, if you have an opinion give it, if its demonstrably untrue then you'll be called for it. The O'Neil criticism post Luton and Ipswich was valid even if OTT on occasion. I wouldn't have sacked him at any point to date, but did think it was an inevitability, so could understand Deutsch's 'what's the point in waiting' argument. Equally praise for the last 4 games is very valid.

I don't really understand the point in moaning about other people's opinions whilst not being arsed to post your own. If you contribute to the forum, (I don't mean financially) then you have that opportunity to address it. Harking back to some bygone age which didn't exist, just seems weak, coming from Waggy, assuming that's who it was, is comical.

The clique thing has always been a lazy stick to beat the forum with because a number of posters have personal relationships, but Kenny as an example will frequently tell Deutsch and Paddy they are speaking bollocks despite being close friends and Johnny will fall out with people he's likely to be having a pint with in a week or so as much as he will anyone else and has been banned by the same people on numerous occasions.
I'm sure he'll admit he can be an arse, but he's an equal opportunity arse.

Just got around to watching the highlights on MOTD having been at a wedding yesterday, and just wanted to say how the fuck did they not overturn that penalty? Having looked at it for three minutes at the very least send him to the monitor to look at it. If he then still wants to be a cunt and not change his mind at least it then calls him out on it.

Otherwise a decent enough point but could probably have been three instead.

I do feel the mocking other historical opinions when you didn’t make you own a little silly. But at the same I’d lost the desire to post on the subject and I’ve posted on here for years. So could see why others may have felt the same.

Yep, if you have an opinion give it, if its demonstrably untrue then you'll be called for it. The O'Neil criticism post Luton and Ipswich was valid even if OTT on occasion. I wouldn't have sacked him at any point to date, but did think it was an inevitability, so could understand Deutsch's 'what's the point in waiting' argument. Equally praise for the last 4 games is very valid.

I don't really understand the point in moaning about other people's opinions whilst not being arsed to post your own. If you contribute to the forum, (I don't mean financially) then you have that opportunity to address it. Harking back to some bygone age which didn't exist, just seems weak, coming from Waggy, assuming that's who it was, is comical.

The clique thing has always been a lazy stick to beat the forum with because a number of posters have personal relationships, but Kenny as an example will frequently tell Deutsch and Paddy they are speaking bollocks despite being close friends and Johnny will fall out with people he's likely to be having a pint with in a week or so as much as he will anyone else and has been banned by the same people on numerous occasions.
I'm sure he'll admit he can be an arse, but he's an equal opportunity arse.
Personally, I can't be bothered with what comes when posting against the group think so I decide not to. It's one thing to have a discussion, it's different to have umpteen people replying to you, in sometimes quite an aggressive way.

For me, I decided it wasn't worth it.

I can only speak for myself, if I've made anyone feel that way then I'm sorry, however I don't call anyone stupid or a cunt or anything, I do try to explain why I think they're wrong if I disagree. Surely that's a forum?

As mentioned, Kenny is my best mate, we've known each other for nearly 20 years, we disagree loads, on here and off here. It's fine. I doubt he ponders "shit, wonder if Dan will agree with me on this point, maybe best not post it" when he sits at his keyboard.

Molineux Mix has its place but that is basically an open mic session of people wandering up, giving their opinion and walking away. Zero conversation. That is not what I want.

Personally, I can't be bothered with what comes when posting against the group think so I decide not to. It's one thing to have a discussion, it's different to have umpteen people replying to you, in sometimes quite an aggressive way.

For me, I decided it wasn't worth it.
Yeah I can appreciate that viewpoint.

I frequently used to avoid all of the Wolves threads as any conflicting opinions inevitably involved someone or other getting shouted down or pilloried if they're opinion differed.

I don't think we're quite in that place anymore, but can reasonably understand why folk who believed they weren't in the so called"clique" could feel they're opinion was undermined.

I am however of the opinion that we can all get overly defensive when our opinion isn't the go too one (just look at the Israel Palestine thread) so it's easier to justify the opinion that there's a wolves forum cabal that seeks to route out the disbelievers 😉

Just watched the game back, even more fuming at Sá than I was yesterday the fucking idiot. Joke keeper.

Annoyed at the officiating as well, I wasn't in the ground as despite the vitriol around us from my angle I thought the Hwang decision was a penalty in real time.

The performance from the outfield players was excellent though, very close to what would've been a brilliant win.

Just watched the game back, even more fuming at Sá than I was yesterday the fucking idiot. Joke keeper.
It was a poor decision to try and catch instead of punch that cost us a goal.

Just as Pope's poor decision to punch instead of catch ultimately cost them a goal.

Very good point, and we'd have been decent value for all three - and probably would've got them had Neto not got injured. Doyler's certainly putting his marker down to get a start too which I like to see. Cunha off the right and Sasa up top while Neto is out for my my money.

On the connected one's little tantrum, think it's aimed at me, I said something along the lines of "if a battering against Villa is what it takes to get him gone then fingers crossed". All the evidence pointed to him being out of his depth and inevitably getting sacked, and I saw no point in dragging it on for a month or so and giving the new manager a harder task. I wanted him gone, desperately. Obviously now it can be viewed as emotional, premature and ott, but it was a reaction to the evidence of my eyes and my ears. That evidence has changed, and so has my opinion, I don't think that's a particularly odd thing but ho hey.

Oh and by the way, O’Neil more than had a chance to give me feedback today :D as his son plays for Wimbledon U10s who I was coaching against today. Scrappy 2-2 draw…
Ooh excellent, a new itk....make sure you get all pally with him.

Very good point, and we'd have been decent value for all three - and probably would've got them had Neto not got injured. Doyler's certainly putting his marker down to get a start too which I like to see. Cunha off the right and Sasa up top while Neto is out for my my money.

On the connected one's little tantrum, think it's aimed at me, I said something along the lines of "if a battering against Villa is what it takes to get him gone then fingers crossed". All the evidence pointed to him being out of his depth and inevitably getting sacked, and I saw no point in dragging it on for a month or so and giving the new manager a harder task. I wanted him gone, desperately. Obviously now it can be viewed as emotional, premature and ott, but it was a reaction to the evidence of my eyes and my ears. That evidence has changed, and so has my opinion, I don't think that's a particularly odd thing but ho hey.
Oh, I thought it was Johnny that wanted us to lose for the sake of getting rid? Was it you as well?

Oh, I thought it was Johnny that wanted us to lose for the sake of getting rid? Was it you as well?
Well this is where lumping people into "the group" or "the clique" is a problem, isn't it. Because I've been trying to work out all afternoon where I've gone wrong and what I can do to fix it, then other random people keep getting chucked in.

Five games isn't a big sample size, I grant you, but you seem fine with people using the last five games to say how great he is?
It’s pretty simple isn’t it.

First 4/5 games - concerning
Next 4/5 games - very promising

Naturally there is a real feel good factor, so people will now go OTT on O’Neil being the best manager ever. Equally the majority of people were feeling as a club we were laughable and due for a shit season. So first 4/5 games the negative feeling adds to the reaction.

Think we can all agree it looks promising currently, and hopefully it continues. Managers, like players can go from hero’s to zeros very quickly.

Nah fairly sure it's me, he had a little chuckle (I guess that's almost an opinion on something?) on Monday when I said I was impressed with him on MNF

Back