• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - 1 QPR - Verdict Thread

Their goal offside as well?

DV1zS3BXkAEwA1d.jpg

I saw Ruddy appealing after it went in but wasn't sure what he was claiming.

I said that at the time - I was right in line with where that photo was taken from. Difficult one to give though, as it was very fast.

Their goal offside as well?

DV1zS3BXkAEwA1d.jpg

I saw Ruddy appealing after it went in but wasn't sure what he was claiming.

Not sure that there's any interference or blocking Ruddy's view there so would understand if it wasn't given (assuming that the lino actually saw it even though he is right in line)

fucking hell lino shouldnt be missing that if its when the ball comes in

VAR is a fucking joke from what I've seen. Till they can do it by algorythm in a dispassionate way its just somebody else screwing it up. IMO

Nice to see VAR given a fair go by intelligent football fans.

The banned user thread is the best "wummery" LMAO. What the hell does that actually mean, we don't use that work in Gornal

LOL I know franks been banned no need to start on me

Not a pop at you per se, it's across all digital platforms. Everybody thinks something is a joke if it doesn't work instantly. I suppose a reflection of the world we live in but it's bloody infantile to expect instant results.

In the case on Saturday you would hope VAR would disallow the goal and give the Jota pen.

I was never in favour of VAR from the off. For me, it takes something away from the game, in that the rub of the green is part of what we watch. SAYING THAT, if it is coming in then they need to make sure it is getting decisions as close to 100% right as is realistically possible, but equally the whole method of looking at and delivering the decision needs to be refined a fairly significant amount from the early experiments. I guess I am coming round to the "give the authorities time to work out the best way, and then go with it" feeling.

Not a pop at you per se, it's across all digital platforms. Everybody thinks something is a joke if it doesn't work instantly. I suppose a reflection of the world we live in but it's bloody infantile to expect instant results.

Well time will tell I suppose.

I was never in favour of VAR from the off. For me, it takes something away from the game, in that the rub of the green is part of what we watch. SAYING THAT, if it is coming in then they need to make sure it is getting decisions as close to 100% right as is realistically possible, but equally the whole method of looking at and delivering the decision needs to be refined a fairly significant amount from the early experiments. I guess I am coming round to the "give the authorities time to work out the best way, and then go with it" feeling.

I would hope we get to the rugby style decision. And barring the odd mistake they tend to get it right (apologies for scratching that itch following Saturday's mistake for Wales try).

We've picked up four decisions on the last couple of pages that went against Wolves on Saturday:

- Jota was fouled by Onuoha, should have been a penalty
- Washington was offside before he scored, should be no goal
- Robinson should have been sent off for clouting Jota
- Washington handled when he went clean through on goal near the end, nothing given, they nearly scored

Now if we end up losing that game 3-2 then I'm not going to be too keen on talking about the rub of the green! They should be getting all of those right with the possible exception of the penalty which didn't look obvious in real time and positioning may have been an issue.

Bear in mind we also know that Ruddy didn't carry the ball over the line right at the death, though it was bloody close and had it been left to that useless lino on the Steve Bull side, he might well have given it and that would be another one.

I'd rather have better officials full stop, that's the first priority for me. But second prize is using technology to get them right.

On the Robinson one. If that is seen, as the ball is in play should that be a penalty as well?

Back