• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 Cardiff 2 - verdict thread

Never a red card. Puts his arm out to block the run (same as what they were doing all game). Just catches him in the neck. People up in arms about in on Twitter looks a little embarrassing.

Have a look at the Twitter clip earlier in this thread and watch the managers reactions,nunos appealing,warnock waves it away like its nothing

He swung his arm round and caught him in the neck. The rules say that's a red card. He could have no complaints either. You do that and you run the risk of it.

I've seen people sent off for less. By definition it can be interpreted as a red card. Still would be outraged if our player got sent off for it.

It's not malicious and a little common sense tells you it's not a red card.

not even a hard hit..even being a wolf i dont see a red card here TBH

Put it this way; Ralls deserved a red more than Damour did.

That said, I think both probably should have been off. No matter how malicious you think Damour's arm was (and I'm in the camp that thinks he was trying to feel Saiss behind him rather than strike Saiss), it was high and reds get handed out for less.

Regardless, this loss is a good learning experience for the team and for Nuno. Roderick especially will have the opportunity to learn a lot from it. But we shouldn't be ringing too many changes just yet. Or any, really. Sometimes you'll lose a match, sometimes you'll be outplayed. From what I've been able to glean thus far we still had some moments of quality and created enough chances to really do better with. If I was a betting man, I'd say we'll probably look back at this result similar to how Newcastle fans probably look back at us beating them 2-0 at St. James' last season. Bad result, but ultimately I think we know it won't be indicative of the season overall.

I'd love to get some more opinions on Leo. Sure, he's scored two goals, and credit to him for that, but is he actually doing anything else? Seems like his name seldom comes up if he hasn't just scored.

Leo's work is mainly done 40 yards from goal. It's a thankless task.

He is the link man that brings Jota, Bright, Ivan and the wing backs into the game. So a big amount of his work will generally go unnoticed. That said he has had 3 decent chances to score this season and put 2 away.

He is the link man that brings Jota, Bright, Ivan and the wing backs into the game. So a big amount of his work will generally go unnoticed. That said he has had 3 decent chances to score this season and put 2 away.

yeah, works behind closed doors.. but not sold on him personally

So he's doing a good job at it, then? Understand he'll never be the flashiest in that role which is why I ask; unless he does something spectacular or atrocious it'll be hard for someone like me to judge him.

For a lad that has only been in England a few weeks I would say the signs are very promising with Leo. Of course we can (and will) upgrade the position but Leo currently deserves his place in the team and with how we are set up it suits him fine.

Cheers, Ken.

Watching the Spurs v Chelsea highlights and Anthony Taylor books Luiz for blocking Erikson off the ball. If only the dimwit we had yesterday had done the same thing early doors.

Watching the Spurs v Chelsea highlights and Anthony Taylor books Luiz for blocking Erikson off the ball. If only the dimwit we had yesterday had done the same thing early doors.

That's why he's not Reffing in the prem. He wasshit but we need to be able to deal with those tactics

That's why he's not Reffing in the prem. He wasshit but we need to be able to deal with those tactics
How do you deal with being barged over off the ball? Learn how to not fall over when pushed?

So referees are more important than the game? That's all levels of wrong.

It also seems we had exactly the same problems as Spurs did today. That's where we need to adjust in the Championship and I think we have the players to do it too. Sharper passing and better off the ball running.

Edit: Kenny you belmer

Leo was involved in the build up to our goal against Cardiff then popped up in the box to tap it home. He's not an off the shoulder type like Dicko but he will bring others into play then score when he has the opportunity. He is certainly the best we have to do that at the moment.

He was very quiet 1st half against Cardiff but came into the game heavily in the 2nd I certainly wouldn't drop him for Dicko put it that way.

He will be a squad player in a few weeks and a good one at that.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I thought Leo came alive second half, particularly after they scored.

Not sure if his fitness is not there yet, but when his effort and pace step up he looks pretty good.

Back