• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I've seen Bamford play well against us for both McDons and Boro, first hand. I would say managers can't work out what he is, he isn't someone to lead the line on his own, not that many teams play two strikers, is he really a number 10, he's not got the pace to play wide...

He looked good against us on the opening day for 20 minutes or so, dropping into little pockets and dragging our centre halves out of position but not sure that translates into our formation. They then ruined that by bringing Gestede on and lamping the ball at the big camel.

Anyone who had ever watched Doherty play at full back would never have wanted him in their team. Other teams don't have the luxury of playing wingbacks who seldom have to defend.

I'm not sure about bamford, he seems like a bit of a luxury player.

If we're looking in the championship I'd go for oliveria from Norwich, Ryan Woods from Brentford and Christie from Boro

Woods is a quality player and would complement our system well. Would be a better option than N'Diaye IMO.

I'd say Woods is an upgrade on Price more than anything.

Whether we want to go upgrading our fourth choice midfielder in a Mick 2009/10 style is another question. Also I don't think he's PL quality, he runs like he's battling a 60mph wind into his face.

I'd say Woods is an upgrade on Price more than anything.

Whether we want to go upgrading our fourth choice midfielder in a Mick 2009/10 style is another question. Also I don't think he's PL quality, he runs like he's battling a 60mph wind into his face.

I think woods would be better in the "Neves" role than price. Obviously he's not better than Saiss or Neves and is a different player to n'diaye.

Oliveria I think would take to our system like a duck to water in the bonatini role

Christie looks comfortable on the ball and is better than doc at being a RB.

This is all through a championship lens though, I think we're shopping at higher levels now though

If we're going for Championship players these would be my picks for the only 3 areas we could do with upgrading.

RWB: Ivo Pinto, Ryan Fredericks, Cyrus Christie.
CM: Ben Pearson, Joe Williams, Daniel Johnson, Tom Cairney.
ST: Nelson Oliveira, Kenneth Zohore, Bobby Reid.

I think people need to realise that we are shopping at a rather different supermarket. We won't be bothering to upgrade fourth choices. We will be upgrading first and second choices.

I don't think we need to bother with CM right now. Nevssssccchhh, Saiss, Alf, Price, Ronan and MGW. Even Herc and Goncalves behind that. That's fine.

You should always look to upgrade the first and second choices. Upgrading on your reserves is a pointless endeavour and leaves you with the likes of Halford and Maierhofer in your squad. Why would we upgrade just on Jack Price, he's started 0 league games all season...

I don't think we need to bother with CM right now. Nevssssccchhh, Saiss, Alf, Price, Ronan and MGW. Even Herc and Goncalves behind that. That's fine.

You should always look to upgrade the first and second choices. Upgrading on your reserves is a pointless endeavour and leaves you with the likes of Halford and Maierhofer in your squad.

Thing is, I know some champ players. I don't know any of the players were most probably looking at!!

Thing is, I know some champ players. I don't know any of the players were most probably looking at!!

FreeSports show the Primeira Liga now and it's on Freeview. No-one has any excuses any longer.

I think people need to realise that we are shopping at a rather different supermarket. We won't be bothering to upgrade fourth choices. We will be upgrading first and second choices.

I think this is where we are at too. Spiers probably doesn't know a massive amount but i think he was right when he said the club are looking at players who can play in the Premier League as additions in January and for in the summer too. There really is no point adding back up players who aren't going to be here are will be useless in 6 months and players like Chris Martin fit that category imo rather than the ones we are probably actually looking at.

It would be down to Derby I suppose but the way to go with Martin would be a loan to buy at say £3-4m. If he tries hard, shows his worth, fits into the shape and contributes, then you'd still probably take him at that price even if/when we do go up. You don't need to be a superstar in the Premier League to have some kind of impact. Jon Walters and Glenn Murray still manage it. Chris Martin is better than either of them. If he doesn't give a shit, Harewood style, then you can pop back to the Championship. Up to you.

I would demand that he stop chewing gum during a game though, awful trait.

So we all seem to have ideas about a new striker, but I've heard little about who we might look at for a new RWB. Thoughts?

Victor Garcia from Vitoria de Guimaraes fits the mold, I think.

Can someone remind me of the agreed fee for Boly?

£12m after promotion was it? Something like that I think.

I thought we had a fee agreed for January as with the others?

If we make him, Jota and Leo permanent that will be getting on for £30m surely?

And we've been linked with Rafa Silva again recently for €15m. Unless we cashed in on Costa I doubt we'd buy him permanently. A loan more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back