• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leo had a pretty good record in the Portuguese top flight before moving to Saudi though, which was likely a move he couldn't turn down for the money.

No Doubt money was a factor in that move, but again irrespective of the reason in a very poor standard of football he didn't do that well, I would expect Dicko to do far better over there (due to his characteristics) but we all know who we would rather have leading our attack.

My point is that a players performance or lack of can be for a multitude of reasons and I am not sure that Martins more recent form is because he is past his best, I think in a side that plays to his strengths we could see the Martin of 2 years ago and I would love to see that in this Wolves side.

No Doubt money was a factor in that move, but again irrespective of the reason in a very poor standard of football he didn't do that well, I would expect Dicko to do far better over there (due to his characteristics) but we all know who we would rather have leading our attack.

My point is that a players performance or lack of can be for a multitude of reasons and I am not sure that Martins more recent form is because he is past his best, I think in a side that plays to his strengths we could see the Martin of 2 years ago and I would love to see that in this Wolves side.

The thing is I reckon the standard of footballer he was playing with in Portugal and now at Wolves was/is streets ahead of the ones he had to play with in Saudi thus explaining the difference in performance

The thing is I reckon the standard of footballer he was playing with in Portugal and now at Wolves was/is streets ahead of the ones he had to play with in Saudi thus explaining the difference in performance
Yes absolutely, he was probably trying to play clever flicks to people who can't trap a football, its a recipe for disaster.

Yes absolutely, he was probably trying to play clever flicks to people who can't trap a football, its a recipe for disaster.

Just look at Olofinjana. His passes were too intelligent for every single footballer he ever played with.

I've said it before, I really don't care what Al-Hilal fans think of Bonatini. They clearly have no idea what makes a good footballer.

I've said it before, I really don't care what Al-Hilal fans think of Bonatini. They clearly have no idea what makes a good footballer.

Come on mate, they loved Al-Jaber and look how well that worked out.......

Completely agree with this. He doesn't have the mobility to play in our front 3 and I'm not sure his attitude is the greatest. Thelwell being Thelwell he is thinking Championship when Jorge and Nuno are thinking PL.

Should Wolves be thinking as a Premier league club during the January window or is that to presumptuous. How many Premier league clubs would look on Martin as a potential target?

There are worse forwards who get gametime in the PL at present. Not many, but some. Joselu, Ashley Barnes, Hal Robson-Kanu and Tomer Hemed for instance.

There are worse forwards who get gametime in the PL at present. Not many, but some. Joselu, Ashley Barnes, Hal Robson-Kanu and Tomer Hemed for instance.

It does show how far we have come from last summers window to the forthcoming one where we can dismiss the likes of Martin as just a possibility.

He'd be alright on loan until the end of the season if some of the current loanees get made permanent, chuck in an option to buy to make it a bit more tempting, use it like an extended trial to see if he perform as he did at Derby a couple of years back. You get short term cover for Bonatini and if he does alright then it's a decent fallback option if nothing else, though you'd be hoping a higher potential target could get found with Premier League football forthcoming.

"Saw a video the other week of our 3-0 win at Derby in Nov 2005. Man, Vio was top class that night. Top footballer."

You know we have an affinity to Vio following his post transfer comments on Hoddle :)

He'd be alright on loan until the end of the season if some of the current loanees get made permanent, chuck in an option to buy to make it a bit more tempting, use it like an extended trial to see if he perform as he did at Derby a couple of years back. You get short term cover for Bonatini and if he does alright then it's a decent fallback option if nothing else, though you'd be hoping a higher potential target could get found with Premier League football forthcoming.

Seems reasonable. What about Patrick Bamford who once again looks like he needs a fresh club to get his career back on track, would he fit this Wolves system.

Seems reasonable. What about Patrick Bamford who once again looks like he needs a fresh club to get his career back on track, would he fit this Wolves system.

He's just the type of player I would be looking for, mobile and with a very good touch, not quick or overly great in the air but as competition for Leo he would fit the bill perfectly. He looked good in his little cameo for Boro against us.

Agreed on Bamford. Much better link player.

Bamford a good shout would be happy with him.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I like Bamford a lot. But you'd have to be concerned by the fact that he's made eight league starts since August 2015. Been at four different clubs (plus Chelsea) in that time as well. You can't just keep being unlucky.

I like Bamford a lot. But you'd have to be concerned by the fact that he's made eight league starts since August 2015. Been at four different clubs (plus Chelsea) in that time as well. You can't just keep being unlucky.

I think he’s one of those players you admire until he turns out for your team and you can’t look past his limitations. Doherty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back