• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the only business we did in January was to sign Jota & Leo permanently then I'd be delighted. If we signed a right wing back and a striker too then that's a bonus!

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor.../12/07/exclusive-wolves-eyeing-january-deals/

This article makes me excited

giphy.gif

Incredibly disturbing gif work, T-Dog....

Money is available to seal permanent moves for Atletico Madrid forward Jota and Al-Hilal striker Bonatini with a combined cost of £10m-£15m.

Bargain of the century, right there.

Even the top end of that figure for those 2 is a bargain and a half

£15M for Leo & Jota would be the best deal the club has made since we signed Bull & Thompson for £65K.

Based on the other Portuguese lads, possibly like this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLVOnAH9sHU

He'll do.

I'm not too concerned about another striker just yet. If Leo was to get injured we'd still be able to make up a number of reasonably effective front three's using Costa, Bright, Ronan etc. Another RWB would be high up on my list as we don't have any suitable options to Doc that wouldn't hamstring our right flank either defensively or offensively. In addition, just maybe it could give Doc a kick up the rear to practise his crossing, as well as he's played this season his delivery is still appalling.

£15M for Leo & Jota would be the best deal the club has made since we signed Bull & Thompson for £65K.

I'm greedy and would like to see us buy Vinagre and Boly too.

This has probably been discussed several times already but do we know if there's a price agreed for Vinagre?

There's the option to make it permanent, yes.

I'd expect us to sign Boly in the summer. Pretty sure it was reported that we'd sign Vinagre in January as well.

There's the option to make it permanent, yes.

I'd expect us to sign Boly in the summer. Pretty sure it was reported that we'd sign Vinagre in January as well.

Any sums being mentioned? I understand he's very highly rated and probably wouldn't come cheap (at least before we apply the Mendes discount). He does look a real prospect at 18 y.o. and I guess it's a no-brainer even at say £10 m, as long as the outlay doesn't interfere with our other plans.

Every time Last Christmas comes on the radio, I can't help but sing your tag line Lycan.

"Recruitment will be now limited to players perceived to be good enough to play in the top flight, the Express & Star understands, with Wolves planning for life in the Premier League"
Followed by
"Derby County striker Chris Martin – a player Wolves have admired for some time and have come close to signing in the past two summers – is yet again on their shortlist." kinda lets it down ;)

Not even half way in the season and we are odds-on to win the league and 1/20 for promotion. 12 months ago this weekend we drew 4-4 with Fulham in front of 19,020

What a game that was. Fulham were brilliant in the 1st half. Took us apart and yet we somehow scored 1st (Hause header that should have been saved) and then Dicko was gifted a great chance as well. Great comeback in the 2nd which showed Lambert had the balls to go out and attack. Shame he lost those balls in March and simply couldn't find them again.

What a game that was. Fulham were brilliant in the 1st half. Took us apart and yet we somehow scored 1st (Hause header that should have been saved) and then Dicko was gifted a great chance as well. Great comeback in the 2nd which showed Lambert had the balls to go out and attack. Shame he lost those balls in March and simply couldn't find them again.

With where we are now and with who we have in charge... Nah it's not really!

With where we are now and with who we have in charge... Nah it's not really!

Shame at the time though. If he could have just found them to spare us from the Blackburn game it would have been greatly appreciated.

The Martin thing is surely a lazy red herring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back