• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Ps4's RRP is £349.99

Amazon have hiked their prices because of high demand... I see they haven't done this with the xbox one, just saying.

Well it took me two seconds to find that, so it rather makes Sony look arses doesn't it? You would think they could control Amazon, but clearly not...

Sony and Microsoft recommends a retail price but it is up to the actual sales company to sell it at a price of their choosing. That is why when the prices are announced they say RRP is £349.99/ £424.99

I know how Retail Prices work James - I worked in retail for 20 years. Just saying of you put an ad, you would think to check that your biggest sales platform complied with it, or you would at least have a disclaimer on to say RRP.

Wouldn't happen over here.

Well Paddy you should understand where Amazon stands in regards to Playstation.

What does that mean? Just interested. Seeing as Amazon are a massive competitor to neither Microsoft nor Sony, I am a touch confused.

What does that mean? Just interested. Seeing as Amazon are a massive competitor to neither Microsoft nor Sony, I am a touch confused.

It was meant in regards to power Sony has over Amazon's pricing as Amazon set their own pricing.

I'm not trying to cause an argument Paddy :)

James, I don't think you understand the supply chain. Amazon are the retailer and Microsoft and Sony suppliers to Amazon who then sell their goods to the customer who may or may not be the consumer. Therefore Amazon are not a competitor to either Sony or Microsoft.

It should also be known that price fixing is illegal, however companies and in particular big brands control this by RRP and can threaten, through supply contracts, to not supply Amazon with their product. Apple do this with complete and utter success. Is that clear enough for you?

Very Clear, cheers Johnny.

Moving along, me and my dad have invested in buying a space invaders table because it brings back memories for him and I just like the games on it.

If any PC gamers are interested I have a site here which you're welcome to join if you want to. It's got a forum, links to useful stuff and sales, blog features and other stuff. There's even a console section!

Have you ever checked out the Humble Bundles? There are some great value in those.

Yep, I've had a couple of them before. Nothing really eye catching has come up lately though, I think the last one I bought included Arkham Asylum/City for under a tenner, around November time.

I got Dishonored and Far Cry 3 in a 2 for £20 pre owned deal at Game. Not played either yet as I'm still enjoying Tomb Raider which was only £13 on the X box live marketplace a few weeks back. Tomb Raider is excellent, by the way...

I got Dishonored and Far Cry 3 in a 2 for £20 pre owned deal at Game. Not played either yet as I'm still enjoying Tomb Raider which was only £13 on the X box live marketplace a few weeks back. Tomb Raider is excellent, by the way...

I really enjoyed Far Cry 3. The main story was OK-ish but attacking the various enemy bases was fantastic fun. Really good stuff.
I'm playing Dishonored at the moment. It's really well done but I still haven't quite worked out if I'm enjoying it very much or not!!

I think I'm just getting fussier as I get older.

Tomb Raider was one of my surprise favourite games from last year, really enjoyable. Dishonored is very good too although I'm rubbish at stealthy stuff.

In other news it appears South Park: The Stick of Truth is finally coming out in 3 weeks or so and it looks really good (if you like South Park that is).

In other news it appears South Park: The Stick of Truth is finally coming out in 3 weeks or so and it looks really good (if you like South Park that is).

The stick of truth looks really good but I have the feeling it will get battered in the reviews.

Octodad is a really good game at the moment on Pc and is actually really fun.

Back