• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I've played it a bit, sold two of the original tanks after maxing out the upgrades on them and have replaced them with some marginally better tanks, quite surprising how drastic some of the upgrades turn out to be, especially with the armaments! Bought myself my first artillery piece when i was on it last night and had one quick game with that, big fan of that once i'd got used to the aiming, brutal firepower when you manage to hit the target, the last guy left on the other team was in some rapid little tank just flying round all over the place and no-one could pin him down for ages.

What's the crack with the gold though? Was going to buy an extra space for another vehicle but I haven't got any so not sure who it's earned.

I've played it a bit, sold two of the original tanks after maxing out the upgrades on them and have replaced them with some marginally better tanks, quite surprising how drastic some of the upgrades turn out to be, especially with the armaments! Bought myself my first artillery piece when i was on it last night and had one quick game with that, big fan of that once i'd got used to the aiming, brutal firepower when you manage to hit the target, the last guy left on the other team was in some rapid little tank just flying round all over the place and no-one could pin him down for ages.

What's the crack with the gold though? Was going to buy an extra space for another vehicle but I haven't got any so not sure who it's earned.

The gold is how they make their money, because you buy it not earn it. However, you can manage just fine without, though I intend to invest in £10 worth soon just to buy the Premium package which gives you 1.5 times the XP and silver. It's also worth investing some of the silver you've earned on repair kits ans first aid kits, they will undoubtedly keep you alive in some battles. As for the space for vehicles, it is worth selling them once you've outgrown them as they earn you silver that way and free up space for new tanks. Overall, I reckon it's a heck of a game, and I can see the desire to upgrade my tanks to earn that King Tiger will keep me playing for a long, long time.

I don't think I'll spend any money on it but I'll certainly play it for a good while yet. I always have a shocker when I play with that first German tank you get so it's going to take forever to get anywhere near their better stuff. Working my way up the British and US trees far more steadily.

It's good fun though and even if you die early it's no bother because you just jump in another tank and go again. Not bothered with any consumables or anything as yet either, waiting to get some tanks that are worth making the effort for.

Loved Battlefield 3, tried Battlefield 4 and hated it. Mainly because I got it 3 months after release and everyone on there was a super high rank and knew all the maps and every single game was an unending stream of death. Very difficult to enjoy a game when it's like that. Couldn't get into it at all and traded it in for Tomb Raider after a week of playing.

It does take time to get into BF4 (I had the same with BF3 as I came to the title really late) and learning the maps and the dynamics is key. I was soon over 1,000 deaths in the red and was on the verge of quitting but stuck at it and enjoy it now. I think the biggest 'must have' in BF4 is squad work, it makes so much difference when you have a squad working together and communicating, it's made my experience infinitely richer. It is a grind to get to the point where you're fluid in the game though and if you're not enjoying it then it's understandable just chucking it in.

As for Tomb Raider I've yet to get round to playing it, I've had it since release but my BF addiction has pushed that, and the other one hundred and odd games I've got waiting, to the back of the queue.

I don't think I'll spend any money on it but I'll certainly play it for a good while yet. I always have a shocker when I play with that first German tank you get so it's going to take forever to get anywhere near their better stuff. Working my way up the British and US trees far more steadily.

It's good fun though and even if you die early it's no bother because you just jump in another tank and go again. Not bothered with any consumables or anything as yet either, waiting to get some tanks that are worth making the effort for.

I've hardly touched the American line at all, the British line is ok, I'm up to the Matilda MkII. But it's the German line I've focused on, I currently have the Pz MkIII/IV, which with some work upgrades to the Panther and I have the Hetzer tank destroyer, which is powerful but slower than molasses. Trouble with these is you end up in battles with some big heavy tanks that you can barely scratch, so finding good sniping spots is essential.

It does take time to get into BF4 (I had the same with BF3 as I came to the title really late) and learning the maps and the dynamics is key. I was soon over 1,000 deaths in the red and was on the verge of quitting but stuck at it and enjoy it now. I think the biggest 'must have' in BF4 is squad work, it makes so much difference when you have a squad working together and communicating, it's made my experience infinitely richer. It is a grind to get to the point where you're fluid in the game though and if you're not enjoying it then it's understandable just chucking it in.

As for Tomb Raider I've yet to get round to playing it, I've had it since release but my BF addiction has pushed that, and the other one hundred and odd games I've got waiting, to the back of the queue.

I really couldn't face the idea of persevering with BF4, the continuous dying was just too tedious! As for Tomb Raider you should give it a go, it's a very good game.

I can't believe how little I've played so far this year - just too busy with other things, so whilst all my comrades are powering their way through the prestige levels of CoD: Ghosts, I'm way, way behind and TBH not missing it all that much (though Ghosts is miles better than the previous few CoD games).

I've still got to finish Arkham Origins, Dishonoured, Lego LOTR, Far Cry 3 and haven't touched GTA5 online yet which I also mean to do. Will get back into this once I've finished my painting.

I really couldn't face the idea of persevering with BF4, the continuous dying was just too tedious! As for Tomb Raider you should give it a go, it's a very good game.

Have you got Madden 25?

I've hardly touched the American line at all, the British line is ok, I'm up to the Matilda MkII. But it's the German line I've focused on, I currently have the Pz MkIII/IV, which with some work upgrades to the Panther and I have the Hetzer tank destroyer, which is powerful but slower than molasses. Trouble with these is you end up in battles with some big heavy tanks that you can barely scratch, so finding good sniping spots is essential.

I just haven't been able to gain enough XP or silver with that little Traktor thing the Germans start you with to go anywhere. The artillery looks like it could be could for building that up even against the bigger tougher opponents though, sit back and let the others find the targets then fire away, you're screwed if you get found though.

Need to sort my controllers out though so I can actually play it for more than half an hour at a time and then I might get somwhere.

I've been tempted to buy the camouflage net a few times so I can be a bit more sneaky but seems a big outlay until I've got a tank I fancy keeping for a while.

As for Tomb Raider you should give it a go, it's a very good game.

I will get round to it. I'm just at the point now where I've got that many games to choose from I can't make my mind up and end up back on BF.

Tomb Raider IS ace. It is true. Great fun to play through - you'll love it Booz as it's not dissimilar to the Arkham games (though not quite as good as those IMO).

Still haven't scratched the surface of Arkham Asylum or Skyrim, still haven't even tried Arkham City or Dark Souls. They just sit in my Steam Library looking pretty. I've got all the F.E.A.R. games to work through as well, and Mafia II.

The Arkham series is easily one of the best of the last decade IMO. Superbly polished games.

Asylum and City were great but I'm not too struck on Origins. I've played about an hour so far and it just feels so much clunkier than the previous two. I suppose that's what you get when a different studio takes over.

I haven't found too much of a difference TBH - more of the same really, though the story isn't as gripping as the previous 2.

By the time I get round to finishing the first two, Origins will be available for peanuts.

I haven't really had much time for anything over the last few weeks, Race 07 which I got last week is superb, must get round to starting a proper season on that soon.

I have had about two hours on my XBox one since I bought it. The kids, on the other hand, seem to be permanently on it. Beginning to bug me. I think I shall hide all their games.

Back