• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Far Cry 3's a fantastic game, I'd highly recommend it. Here's a bit of footage I recorded, a bit rushed as it was my first attempt at using ShadowPlay.

I got Dishonored and Far Cry 3 in a 2 for £20 pre owned deal at Game. Not played either yet as I'm still enjoying Tomb Raider which was only £13 on the X box live marketplace a few weeks back. Tomb Raider is excellent, by the way...

Tomb Raider was considerably better than I thought it would be - a very good game. I've got both Far Cry 3 and Dishonoured but I've hardly started them. They're very much in the 'still to play' category on my games shelf.

Hardly played any games just recently, just too busy with other stuff.

The stick of truth looks really good but I have the feeling it will get battered in the reviews.

Octodad is a really good game at the moment on Pc and is actually really fun.

I'll be annoyed if it turns out to be crap given that it was meant to be out this time last year until it got delayed!

World of Tanks released for free on the Xbox Live marketplace. Good fun for absolutely nothing!

I've got a Titanfall PC beta code if anyone is interested

I know a few who want one if you've still got it Bandy. I've been having a go myself but I'm not keen on it.

The Titanfall beta is opening up to everyone now.

World of Tanks is an incredibly good game, better than anyhting CoD has ever dreamed of achieving as a multiplayer experience. Massive maps, massive tank battles, massive tanks, a huge number of options for upgrading your tanks, a wide 'tree' of tanks to earn and upgrade, 15 v 15 player battles... A brilliant game for absolutely nothing. You can purchase stuff for faster upgrades and access to selected tanks but you absolutely can play this game for months without spending a single penny on it. I'd say it is a must own multiplayer game for anyone who has any interest at all in multiplayer gaming. Knocks CoD out of the stadium for depth and challenge. Are there downsides? Yes, you don't respawn. Once you're dead you are out of the battle. However, even that is compensated for because you can go back to your garage and choose a new tank to start a different battle while your other match finishes, you just can't use the same tank. And while you enter a new battle your previous xp and silver (needed for upgrades) automatically gets added as soon as your previous match ends. A total triumph of a game, an essential download IMO.

Why are you comparing it to CoD? Surely you should be comparing it to other vehicle based war games

Why are you comparing it to CoD? Surely you should be comparing it to other vehicle based war games

Because it's a multiplayer game where the aim is to kill things. The fact that in one you're in a tank and one you're not is immaterial the premise is still the same. And why the hostile tone?

No hostile tone whatsoever. Just didn't understand why you were comparing a first person shooter with a vehicle based shooting game. Surely tank tank tank would have been a good comparison, or Battlefield 4 as that is a first person shooter with vehicles such as tanks and fighter jets.

Ok, well I wasn't actually comparing the games if you read my initial post I compared them as multiplayer experiences, which in my opinion is a valid comparison. If you dont think it is that's up to you. In any case the premise is identical in both games- there are 2 teams whose aim is to kill the players on the other team. Not too hard to understand is it?

Micro's latest completed game - Assassin's Creed revelations. The last bit with the carriage chase is absolutely brilliant gaming.

This tank game better be good now, feels like it's been downloading for about 6 days.

No hostile tone whatsoever. Just didn't understand why you were comparing a first person shooter with a vehicle based shooting game. Surely tank tank tank would have been a good comparison, or Battlefield 4 as that is a first person shooter with vehicles such as tanks and fighter jets.

Battlefield 4 shits on both of them. It's not free though.

Battlefield 4 $#@!s on both of them. It's not free though.

That's like saying you had a better night's rest by sleeping on rocks instead of hot coals.

Just finished a playthrough of Bastion, really enjoyable little action RPG and pretty simple/easy to play in short bursts which is good. Definitely worth the £2 or so I paid during the last Steam sale.

Battlefield 4 shits on both of them. It's not free though.

Loved Battlefield 3, tried Battlefield 4 and hated it. Mainly because I got it 3 months after release and everyone on there was a super high rank and knew all the maps and every single game was an unending stream of death. Very difficult to enjoy a game when it's like that. Couldn't get into it at all and traded it in for Tomb Raider after a week of playing.

Loved Battlefield 3, tried Battlefield 4 and hated it. Mainly because I got it 3 months after release and everyone on there was a super high rank and knew all the maps and every single game was an unending stream of death. Very difficult to enjoy a game when it's like that. Couldn't get into it at all and traded it in for Tomb Raider after a week of playing.

Same thing happened to me with the 2nd installment of Modern Warfare.

Played the first one to death but didn't get the second one until 3-4 months after release, I was getting trounced everytime i went online and was hardly ever playing with people I knew either unlike with the first one so I soon got fed up of it, threw it to one side and never bothered buying another CoD since then.

You played much of World of Tanks yet Mark? It can be a little confusing at first but one of the good things is that when you first start out and you only have a crappy little tank you get put in matches with other crappy little tanks. Once you start to upgrade and unlock tier IV tanks you start to get some real tough battles with big heavy tanks and huge maps. They are releasing new maps and tanks quite regularly too to keep it interesting.

Back