• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didier N'dong has joined Watford on loan from Sunderland, meaning Sunderland now have over £50m worth of transfer fees out on loan.

Ozil staying at Arsenal! Glad he's staying in England, love to watch him when he's in form.

Ozil staying at Arsenal! Glad he's staying in England, love to watch him when he's in form.

A front 4 for Arsenal of Ozil, Mikhi, Aubameyang and Lacazatte is a bit special. Might need some work on the defensive side of the ball mind you.

A front 4 for Arsenal of Ozil, Mikhi, Aubameyang and Lacazatte is a bit special. Might need some work on the defensive side of the ball mind you.

Looks nice. Need a proper central midfield though more than anything.

Looks nice. Need a proper central midfield though more than anything.

Wilshere plus one new Kante style player would do it I reckon. Still need pretty much a whole new defence and a new GK though...

Tbf he's 36 in May. Happens to everyone except freaks like Buffon.

They still need to do so much work on their spine. GK (Cech is done), CB (Koscielny is broken and finished too), CDM (Elneny ha, Xhaka can't tackle or defend).

And then you've got players like Bellerin who I can't decide if I think he is any good or not, Monreal is in great form but isn't that great and Wenger doesn't seem to rate Kolasinac.

They've done well to recover the Sanchez situation but they are still so far off.

Which one of Laca/Auba doesn't play striker though? Or does Laca like it out wide

Apparently Villa are about to sign Grabban.

To complement Hogan I presume :icon_rolleyes:

Some good players going in at Arsenal but balance still looks off, no real wide options.

Sort their formation out and the wing backs could provide the width - hasn't Maitland-Nyles been playing LWB? Can;t see why he would leave out Kolisinac tbh tho...

Arsenal won’t change until Wenger leaves and that probably won’t happen until he dies so fighting for 4th is the best they’ll be doing for a while

I just don't know how you cram everyone in without it being a bit of a mess.

Difficult to get all of Lacazette, Aubamayeng, Mkhitaryan and Ozil into central areas, they've all played wider at times in their careers but I doubt any of them really want to be doing that with much regularity. In current form it's probably not too difficult to just drop Lacazette and go back to copying Chelsea's old 343 that Arsenal seem to have used quite a bit this season, Ozil and Mkhitaryan just off Aubamayeng but then they're still struggling to get a good balance between any 2 of their central midfielders and they are nowhere close to having 3 good centre halves.

Arsenal have needed a decent DM ever since Vieira left.

Gilberto Silva more than Vieira (who was never really someone who just sat in front of the back four and broke up play). But either way it's still a decade.

Fyodor Smolov has told West Ham to piss off as he's embarrassed by the offers they've made to Krasnodar for him. Classic Sullivan.

Karanka is busy:

Nottingham Forest are set to sign Hull's Michael Dawson, Watford's Ben Watson, Newcastle's Jack Colback, Cardiff's Lee Tomlin and Middlesbrough's Adele Guedioura

A "friend" of Mahrez has been in contact with SSN to express the player's disappointment at not getting his move. Agents are so fucking transparent.

Karanka is busy:

Nottingham Forest are set to sign Hull's Michael Dawson, Watford's Ben Watson, Newcastle's Jack Colback, Cardiff's Lee Tomlin and Middlesbrough's Adele Guedioura

Decent signings for this level. Guedioura is never a Karanka player, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back