• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Coutinho off to Barca as his replacement.

Apparently Liverpool have already turned down a 72m (not sure if euro or pound) offer.

Rafinha is on his way to Arsenal, apparently.

The problem his got is RDM signed a load of shit on big contracts. In isolation they are decent signings, but Whelan does the same job as Jedinak
Jedinak can't recover in time to do it across a championship season. Villa fans I know rate him, but he's actual evidence they already have that former prem players getting on can't play 46 games in a championship season.
It's the old DJ thing isn't it. If you give someone that amount of money and they get you up...great, but I expect more than about 2 of them to be serviceable at the higher level.

They will be awful to watch but will probably grind out a lot of results. So much depends on Kodjia. Hogan looked shite for them last season.
I made the point to a villa fan at work yesterday that bruce is doing exactly what DJ did. The lack of re-sale value, depreciation of ability and value by next season as well as a need to rebuild everywhere whether promoted or not is going to be huge for them. He also feels they are reliant solely on Kodija.

Andrew Robertson has signed for Liverpool.

Virgil van Dijk has put in a transfer request.

Paris are apparently (according to the tv here in Fance) going to pay €222 million for Neymar, plus a €100 million signing on fee and they'll pay him a €30 million a year salary.

Zidane has confirmed that Danilo has left the squad to undergo a medical at Man City, fee rumoured to be £27m.

Paris are apparently (according to the tv here in Fance) going to pay €222 million for Neymar, plus a €100 million signing on fee and they'll pay him a €30 million a year salary.

He's starting for Barca just now (not that that means anything).

£160m spent on full-backs for Man City now!

£160m spent on full-backs for Man City now!
That is just crazy..if it were on strikers i can understand..but fullbacks, not that much difference on one for £8m and £30m

Crazy money but full backs are a very important part of Guardiola's system though and that really let them down last season, and they've already got the forwards.

--------------------------Ederson------------------------

Walker/Danilo-----Stones----Kompany---------Mendy

--------------------------Gundogan----------------------

-------------------de Bruyne-----D. Silva-------------------

Jesus---------------------Aguero------------------Sane

Subs: Bravo, Danilo/Walker, Otamendia, Fernandinho, Toure, B. Silva, Sterling

Perhaps they could do with another front player but that is a really strong side (and bench) plus Foden, Roberts, Garcia who might get a chance I guess.

Crazy money but full backs are a very important part of Guardiola's system though and that really let them down last season, and they've already got the forwards.

--------------------------Ederson------------------------

Walker/Danilo-----Stones----Kompany---------Mendy

--------------------------Gundogan----------------------

-------------------de Bruyne-----D. Silva-------------------

Jesus---------------------Aguero------------------Sane

Subs: Bravo, Danilo/Walker, Otamendia, Fernandinho, Toure, B. Silva, Sterling

Perhaps they could do with another front player but that is a really strong side (and bench) plus Foden, Roberts, Garcia who might get a chance I guess.
Dont get me wrong, personally I think they will win the PL this year but money is just crazy for fullbacks really

Looks so lightweight on paper

I think they need another striker personally.
I don't think you can rely on Aguero for the full season.

Jesus needs to stay fit for them as he was superb (and playing ahead of Aguero I think) as the central striker. I think that teams looks fantastic and one I would have to see live.

Yeah, Jesus have a lot going for him but think Serge will still be first choice..hearing they wanna get rid of Iheanacho, decent poacher..we should bid

According to Pique, Neymar stays.

Real and Monaco supposedly agree €180m fee for Mbappe.

Will be unless the Neymar deal goes through

This is the dodgiest thing ever. Harry Redknapp didn't take charge of Blues pre season game last night as he & their chief scout drove up to Huddersfield vs Udinese at the last minute to harass one of their players in the parking lot.

http://bcfcfollowers.com/news/spott...target-emmanuel-badu-at-huddersfields-ground/

The most blatant case of tapping up ever. He fucking bailed on a pre season match a week before the opener so he could accost a player walking into a stadium before a game. E's not a weela deela though, E's a fackin football managa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back