• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

I get bullied in the RL and it'll continue to happen until I finally snap and go postal. Kenny and Darlo will be amongst the first against the wall.

Currys, as in the electrical store. Ordered 3 tv's off them, and will also be getting washer,dryer, fridge/freezer, dishwasher,microwave, vacuum, Blu Ray, sound bar systems, kettle and toaster etc. Very happy with the deal they are doing us :)

First Monday of retirement after coming back from a weeks holiday.
Lovely! I used to hate the first day back at work.

First Monday of retirement after coming back from a weeks holiday.
Lovely! I used to hate the first day back at work.

Within a few weeks you will need to check the diary to see what the day is - do stuff most days, but do need to check the diary to make sure that it's not Sunday!

I saw a chap today about the same size as Lycan (for those who know him) eat FIVE pre packed sandwiches in a row. I was in awe of him. Glorious.

I did indeed go out and buy a new car to cheer me up - and it worked so I'm now happier than earlier! :cool:

I did indeed go out and buy a new car to cheer me up - and it worked so I'm now happier than earlier! :cool:
What did you get? It'd have to be very exciting to get past yesterday.

They're pretty quick aren't they? Hope it's in red too :)

Did you go for the style pack too, Stan?
My dad drove one today and is now smitten.

No style pack as it’s one they have already got in stock but it’s got the premium pack on it and the upgraded augmented reality sat nav system so has got a few nice touches!

Yeah it’s pretty rapid Tredman - 300bhp petrol

No style pack as it’s one they have already got in stock but it’s got the premium pack on it and the upgraded augmented reality sat nav system so has got a few nice touches!

Yeah it’s pretty rapid Tredman - 300bhp petrol
Ace. That sat nav is something else! Enjoy.

Mercedes AMG A35

Ticks most of the exciting boxes.

Lad who works with me had one on loan when ours got nicely damaged by motorway debris (re-bar through the windscreen included) and thought it was the cat's pyjamas. The fleet department was discussing switching to another manufacturer for a while and I swear he was almost in tears.

First day as a volunteer taking part in an historical research project at Hereford Cathedral.
Really looking forward to it. Bit different to being a Housing Officer!

volunteering is one of the most rewarding things Hereford. Hugely satisfying.

We had our first bowls match of the season last night. I'm well out of practise - no waterproofs or anything! Luckily the rain stopped before I went on.

Slow start, but it's like riding a bicycle. I find it very therapeutic, and really can't imagine life without bowls to be honest, even though as a team/club we're struggling for members this year.
We got a good win. We have a cup game saturday...

volunteering is one of the most rewarding things Hereford. Hugely satisfying.

We had our first bowls match of the season last night. I'm well out of practise - no waterproofs or anything! Luckily the rain stopped before I went on.

Slow start, but it's like riding a bicycle. I find it very therapeutic, and really can't imagine life without bowls to be honest, even though as a team/club we're struggling for members this year.
We got a good win. We have a cup game saturday...

If you lived nearby, I'd come and join you!

I debated making the offer Hereford! You'd be made most welcome. We have a lad travel over from Hednesford...

I can imagine bowls is very zen. I get that way doing weeding!

It can be, and though I enjoy gardening, weeding isn't my idea of zen!

I remember one occasion many years ago. work was inducing much stress. One day I left early, and got to the bowling green at half 4. Whilst the rush hour was going insane around me, on a lovely sunny day I was alone. Tok my shoes and socks off to feel close to the grass. Had a smoke, and rolled the bowls around. Phenomenally relaxing.

That said, most assume it is a staid sport for old men. I've seen fistfights and all sorts happen!

Back