• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

All done and back home. I feel I had a really good interview and now it's over to them... They either want me or don't. :icon_lol:

All done and back home. I feel I had a really good interview and now it's over to them... They either want me or don't. :icon_lol:

If they don't give you what you want I'll send them a strongly worded letter, so I will.

Best of luck Mike. When will you find out?

Talking to some of the other people on the course, they will hear within 3 to 4 weeks

My wing, however, are still stuck in the dark ages and I've been told about 8 weeks! So I wait...

If they don't give you what you want I'll send them a strongly worded letter, so I will.

I think that might work as if I don't get through after all my hard work, fuck 'em!

Can you talk the RAF lingo though ?

Yeah, nailed it man, in-it!

Seriously though, there was a bit of a "hooray Henry" from Middlesex wing on the course, it was very off putting as I wanted to say "spiffing" all the time! :icon_lol:

Bought some shares through work last March, just 3, for a couple of hundred euro. Have never invested anything ever before, wasn't really sure how it all works etc, just thought I'd give it go and see what happens.....

Got an email today saying I am auto-enrolled to buy another 3 again this year so I checked how the 3 from last year are doing and they have grown by 19%!

Bought some shares through work last March, just 3, for a couple of hundred euro. Have never invested anything ever before, wasn't really sure how it all works etc, just thought I'd give it go and see what happens.....

Got an email today saying I am auto-enrolled to buy another 3 again this year so I checked how the 3 from last year are doing and they have grown by 19%!

Worth keeping an eye on them DDW - have a load of Barclays shares from profit sharing schemes over the years I worked for them.

Were worth over £30K @ one point though now about £7K (though thats still more than I paid for them) - 2008 did me no favours on that front.

Check what the price of the shares are before you buy them. I presume it is a share option scheme?

Check what the price of the shares are before you buy them. I presume it is a share option scheme?

Yes it is. They were 138 when I bought them (although i got a 2% discount so was actually 135) and they are now worth 165 each (495 total)

Does it say what the price is in your share option scheme or is it at the price quoted by the company at the time you buy them (the posh term is crystallisation if it uses that)?

Is it Alphabet or Google?

Either are a safe bet so I'd buy them in a heartbeat and especially if you get a discount.

I got shares in HBOS when I worked there. Could have cashed them in for £1k there and then. Ex-wife said we should keep them. Then 2008 happened. Nice one.

Does it say what the price is in your share option scheme or is it at the price quoted by the company at the time you buy them (the posh term is crystallisation if it uses that)?

Is it Alphabet or Google?

Either are a safe bet so I'd buy them in a heartbeat and especially if you get a discount.

Its a subsidiary of Alphabet.

Yes it does say what the price is, it has the FMV price and then the price I got them at. I was actually wrong, the FMV was 158 per share, but I got a 15% discount, not 2%.

jeez!! a new Field Marshall and a new grandad. no flies on this forum, but flyers!! way to go Darlo!

An ex-Mossad friend of mine got me into buying shares. He usually does well but in 2001 lost £38k in about 20 minutes.

Marstones are my portfolio favourite as I get 20% off all purchases.

An ex-Mossad friend of mine got me into buying shares. He usually does well but in 2001 lost £38k in about 20 minutes.

Marstones are my portfolio favourite as I get 20% off all purchases.

Mossad the Israeli intelligence service??

Back