• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

The company I work for has been placed into administration,and I'm strangely happy that I may not have to go and work for them much longer

Happy? Apprehensive?

In the next 40 minutes I'll be setting of to RAF Cranwell. As a few know I've been a volunteer with the Air Cadets for a few years now and I have been put forward for and gone through the Officer selection process which means that I have to do an Officer Aircrew Selection for the next three days. It used to be known as RAF V-RT (Volunteer reserve trainer) and is now just RAF Air Cadets Officer Selection.

Now comes a few days of speed/time/distance exercises, group debating, problem solving, leadership exercises and an interview to finish things off.

I've done all the revision I can and now it's up to the brain to remember shit!

Will try to pop on the forum every now and then but may not be on till this is all over

Happy? Apprehensive?

In the next 40 minutes I'll be setting of to RAF Cranwell. As a few know I've been a volunteer with the Air Cadets for a few years now and I have been put forward for and gone through the Officer selection process which means that I have to do an Officer Aircrew Selection for the next three days. It used to be known as RAF V-RT (Volunteer reserve trainer) and is now just RAF Air Cadets Officer Selection.

Now comes a few days of speed/time/distance exercises, group debating, problem solving, leadership exercises and an interview to finish things off.

Will try to pop on the forum every now and then but may not be on till this is all over
Wow, enjoy Darlo.

I did my AIB to join the Navy as an officer years ago - was very stressful and thought I'd massively failed. Actually passed at the end, so would say don't ever give up. Never joined mind, since I'm not good at taking orders :)

Happy? Apprehensive?

That's awesome Mike!
As you know I have a soft spot for the cadet force. Would probably of transitioned over to the RAF-VRT if I'd of stayed on the UK. I know it's changed over the last 20 years too, but thoroughly enjoyed my time and going thru the ranks to CWO and wing CWO!
ENJOY!!!!

Good luck with that,it's going to be hard work but fun as well,been though it won't feel like it at the time

Had a pretty much perfect day, nice ride on me bike in the sunshine, stopped for lunch in Church Stretton then called at our sons place in Shrewsbury where I mostly spent the afternoon playing 'Spikey Monsters and Baddy Unicorns' with my grandson

Happy? Apprehensive?

Best of luck Mike - have fond memories of my time with the Air Cadets (though weren't called that then as it's 50 yrs since I left

sounds both very challenging, and also very rewarding darlo. have fun!

It was the ATC in my day, 196 (Walsall) Squadron

Didn't have anything as posh as Squadron numbers in my time

Just called the 'Combined Cadet Force - RAF section'

Most wanted to get into that as less drilling & got to go flying from RAF Hamble & gliding from RAF Tangmere (helped that my Housemaster was the officer in charge of it)

Didn't mind the drilling to be honest, go to experience things I never would have otherwise, flew both Chipmunks and gliders, did long distance marching in Nijmegan Holland and became a crack shot and competed nationally at RAF Bisley.

Didn't mind the drilling to be honest, go to experience things I never would have otherwise, flew both Chipmunks and gliders, did long distance marching in Nijmegan Holland and became a crack shot and competed nationally at RAF Bisley.

Flew Chipmunks as well - you did well to compete at Bisley (used to live not that far away & have attended one or two days)

I was rubbish at that, could never get my glasses to line up with the sights properly, though my skill on communication equipment were ace.

Welcome to my new grandson, Tyler Matthew, born 5.41 this morning, he's bostin, hopefully he will be a Wolves fan and a biker......but not that bothered as long as he's healthy and happy

Congrats sycophantia, enjoy being a grandad (again?)

Thanks for the best wishes guys... 1029 Thirsk Sqn then 2337 Northallerton Sqn, where I am now Adjutant. Flew in chipmunks, shot at Bisley and did 5 summer camps from 1977 to 1983. Also part of the only drill team to win the wing drill competition for Northallerton. Thought I'd put something back in over the last few years.
Well day one is over and I'm shattered both physically and mentally but feel I've done well. Board interview is 11:30 tomorrow

Congrats sycophantia, enjoy being a grandad (again?)

Thanks for the best wishes guys... 1029 Thirsk Sqn then 2337 Northallerton Sqn, where I am now Adjutant. Flew in chipmunks, shot at Bisley and did 5 summer camps from 1977 to 1983. Also part of the only drill team to win the wing drill competition for Northallerton. Thought I'd put something back in over the last few years.
Well day one is over and I'm shattered both physically and mentally but feel I've done well. Board interview is 11:30 tomorrow

Ta, yep 'again' number 3.......I love being a granddad

Back