• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

there's a joke i'm not getting here, I bet it's that partridge fecker :icon_wink:

Love me a bit of toblerone. Never been to dundee, or north of york!

I remember one occasion many years ago. work was inducing much stress. One day I left early, and got to the bowling green at half 4. Whilst the rush hour was going insane around me, on a lovely sunny day I was alone. Tok my shoes and socks off to feel close to the grass. Had a smoke, and rolled the bowls around. Phenomenally relaxing.

That said, most assume it is a staid sport for old men. I've seen fistfights and all sorts happen!

Our green opens on Monday - looking forward to that, but we don't have fist fights as this is the sedate South West (plus no smoking anywhere near the green nowadays)

It seems that your club is of a different class to Warren's and you would want 'his sort' there.

First day as a volunteer taking part in an historical research project at Hereford Cathedral.
Really looking forward to it. Bit different to being a Housing Officer!

Volunteering is good for the soul - only problem in a small town like this is everyone knows everyone else so when they learn about individuals with particular skills then you get any number of requests to 'help out' & take on a role. Need to have the ability to say No when you have got as much to deal with as you want to take on.

Mike Ashley injecting £150m into Debenhams, clearly hoping to buy himself some cheap (in the grand scheme of things) leverage and he can effectively take over another high street store and turn it into another of his lowest common denominator shitshows. Nope, into a pre-pack admin and everything shifts to the lenders. Ashley loses the lot. All that investment is now worth £0.

As a rule I certainly don't celebrate companies being in strife (I think thankfully most of the stores/jobs will survive under this plan) but I'm pleased that he has lost out and lost out big time. A truly horrible, classless bastard. The epitome of what is wrong with our economic structure.

Flying out to Berlin in the morning for my stag party!!

Looking forward to it as today in work has been a fucking shitshow and shows no signs of stopping by tomorrow or Monday, so thank fook Im getting out of the office for a bit.

Back out on the outdoor bowling green for the first time in 6 mths - hooked up with 3 of the better bowlers in the club & played a pairs match (always better than just practising on your own) & TBH I played as well as any of them.

Think that after 2 years of serious play (been a member for longer, but was still working before then & only playing a limited number of games at weekends) I may have learnt how to do this.

The one book on the list, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings is grim. It's about Maya Angelou's childhood in her own words and boy oh boy, she had it rough.

Just installed motion sensors in the hall and downstairs loo, connected to the Phillips hue lights - I never have to moan at my family for leaving the lights on again!!!!

Much moaning though when a long visit means the lights go out and your family have to wave arms and legs around whilst on the throne to try and get the lights back on...

Son has finally got a job! He has been trying so hard since he moved to Cardiff for uni but finally something has come up. Working for the company that looks after the bars in the Cardiff City Stadium, Principality Stadium and the Liberty Stadium.

Nice gentle 1st shift on Sunday for the Cardiff v Liverpool game

Much moaning though when a long visit means the lights go out and your family have to wave arms and legs around whilst on the throne to try and get the lights back on...

They have three minutes, that’s plenty of time :D

That and it’s the downstairs loo, no one goes in there for more than a wee. And I’ve been telling the buggers for three years to turn the lights off after they come out to no avail.

NOW THEY CAN FEEL THE CONSEQUENCES, muahahahaaaa. :)

Back