• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Today I've cleaned the guttering, de-frosted the freezer, sorted the medicine cupboard out, posted the Christmas cards and watched Elf on Sky this afternoon, quite enjoying this retirement malarkey.

Honeymoon period! I've been off work for a month and I'm bored as food!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ha, I'd been bored at work for the past ten years, me and boredom get along nicely.

Today I've cleaned the guttering, de-frosted the freezer, sorted the medicine cupboard out, posted the Christmas cards and watched Elf on Sky this afternoon, quite enjoying this retirement malarkey.

you've got in ahead of me - 2 more days still to go, but just tidying up loose ends now.

Suspect it won't hit me till 5th Jan when I would have been due to go back in. The next couple of weeks will just feel like a usual school holiday period.

you've got in ahead of me - 2 more days still to go, but just tidying up loose ends now.

Suspect it won't hit me till 5th Jan when I would have been due to go back in. The next couple of weeks will just feel like a usual school holiday period.

Know what you mean, I guess it'll be early next year when it all starts to sink in.

Our friends who just dropped a Teddylicious takeaway at our door to cheer my wife up after she spent an evening sitting in the walk in centre with the kids.

I am not sure which thread this should go on, but I think this will be alright.

Earlier in the year a very dear friend of mine collapsed and passed away outside Goodison Park on his way to watch his beloved Leicester City play Everton. Tomorrow his friends from the Hinckley supporters club are travelling to Merseyside to watch Leicester play Everton. And in what will be a very poignant afternoon, Everton Football Club have agreed to allow a wreath in Terry Ortons memory to be laid outside Goodison Park. Terry's friends, while looking forward to watching their rampant team, are also not looking forward to revisiting the place where he died. In my opinion, it is important that they pay their respects to Terry, and then go and enjoy the game. I know that Terry will be looking down with a smile on his face. Leicester top of the league, even he would not have believed that.

Walked out of work for the very last time ever today - happy, but with a bit of an edge to it. Have to say my desk has never been as clear as it was this afternoon (the Head Teacher even came and took a photo of it as couldn't believe there was no paperwork piled up!)

A slightly emotional day and poignant to see how many of the children were sad/upset that I was not coming back in the New Year (hasn't made me change my mind though). Nice words & more gifts from parents whose children I have seen go right through Primary School.

A good ending

Good luck Peter, enjoy the "you time"

Have a happy retirement Peter. Put your feet up and relax, and think of us young whippersnappers hard at it...

Nice one Peter. Well earned. We'll send you to the bar in future being as you haven't been working all week...

Walked out of work for the very last time ever today - happy, but with a bit of an edge to it. Have to say my desk has never been as clear as it was this afternoon (the Head Teacher even came and took a photo of it as couldn't believe there was no paperwork piled up!)

A slightly emotional day and poignant to see how many of the children were sad/upset that I was not coming back in the New Year (hasn't made me change my mind though). Nice words & more gifts from parents whose children I have seen go right through Primary School.

A good ending

You say a good ending, but now begins a new start. Wishing you a long and happy retirement Parkin. Congratulations.

A good ending

Yes. You & Trev both have earned and deserve some quality time to yourselves. I hope you both love every minute and moment.

I got a call from the relative of someone I've supported a lot in the few weeks since I started my new role, who wanted to say thanks for what I'd done. Gave me a warm tingly feeling.

Back