• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

After a trip into town at lunchtime, I will have finished my Christmas shopping. Which includes buying wrapping paper and labels.

We also had our work Christmas lunch yesterday - which I accept is mega early. So for the first time, I do actually feel festive despite it only being the 2nd of December.

Never been so organised - plenty of cash leftover and another payday to come before Christmas Day. Hello, ale money.

Our work is doing a Christmas dinner in their big canteen/restaurant. 3 courses plus coffee and mince pies afterwards for £4.50. Lovely jubbly. Plus we're getting an hour for it instead of the usual 30 min dinner break.

It's beef wellington though instead of turkey. Which is fine by me as turkey is a very boring meat.

Oh yeah, Beef Welly over Turkey everyday of the week!

Everyone I've worked for?

Yep. It's pretty standard - I think you've just been lucky, DDW!

And this is going to make me sound old, but I prefer a Christmas lunch and an afternoon off work as opposed to a night out til the early hours with everyone getting steaming as was the norm in my previous job. I'll do the heavy drinking with my family and friends over the coming weeks anyway.

I had ox cheeks for my work Christmas lunch yesterday. Absolutely delicious.

I suppose it saves them aggro from anyone who can't make it or doesn't like what's on offer, guess they'd feel a bit aggrieved with others getting something they weren't.

We used to get some good parties at IKEA, only one included a free meal but they always had 3-5 free drinks per person and usually some sort of buffet affair. Since I've worked full time it's just been the Christmas lunch, they do a more formal evening Christmas meal here too but that's generally frequented by the directors and would involve me hanging around up here or driving back up in the evening so not bothered about that one, still have to pay your own way even then though.

Yep. It's pretty standard - I think you've just been lucky, DDW!

And this is going to make me sound old, but I prefer a Christmas lunch and an afternoon off work as opposed to a night out til the early hours with everyone getting steaming as was the norm in my previous job. I'll do the heavy drinking with my family and friends over the coming weeks anyway.

I had ox cheeks for my work Christmas lunch yesterday. Absolutely delicious.

Maybe it's an English thing? It goes without saying here, that if work invite you to the Christmas party/dinner, you won't be paying.

Taking the staff to 5 Guys for our xmas lunch and beers at the German market in the afternoon.

Maybe it's an English thing? It goes without saying here, that if work invite you to the Christmas party/dinner, you won't be paying.

I think it's more a sign of the times as companies used to be more generous at this time of year. I was at my old workplace for 9 years and the difference between the first Christmas party I went to in 2005 compared to the last in 2013 was remarkable! It used to be a big do, a 3 course sit down meal with free booze all night for several hundred people. It often ended with some sort of controversy (including the conception of a child who now must be about 4, and I don't think his parents have spoken since that night) but was usually a good laugh!

It's free here, never bothered myself, I've never liked eating much while I'm at work.

Place where my wife works has never charged them. She is off to Dunstall Park next Friday where they will have the Xmas Lunch. They won't pay a penny for the food and it will be a free bar.

Looking forward to picking her up after it, after 8-10 hours of free drinks

The company used to organise our Christmas do and paid for the bar, but that soon stopped when the staff started fighting each other because they were all steaming and slagging each other off!

Two and a half years after my accident, East Lindsey council have finally made an acceptable offer.

And the icing on the cake is that I won my appeal against a parking ticket.

Frank 2 - 0 Darkest Lincolnshire.

After a trip into town at lunchtime, I will have finished my Christmas shopping. Which includes buying wrapping paper and labels.

We also had our work Christmas lunch yesterday - which I accept is mega early. So for the first time, I do actually feel festive despite it only being the 2nd of December.

Never been so organised - plenty of cash leftover and another payday to come before Christmas Day. Hello, ale money.
My idea of wrapping paper

2f80be8abda8b9fcaeef706d4dbeb64a.jpg

Getting 2 hrs pay today for playing Father Christmas for the school Christmas Fair rather than doing 'proper' work :SantaDance:

Back