• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

The other half getting a nice Promotion at work. She has worked there for 24 years!,only job she has ever had, so nice of her to get decent recognition.

The other half getting a nice Promotion at work. She has worked there for 24 years!,only job she has ever had, so nice of her to get decent recognition.

Nice to hear, in my experience in recent times it's usually the new, young, and ambitious that get the promotions.

Nice to hear, in my experience in recent times it's usually the new, young, and ambitious that get the promotions.

Where she works is an odd one. Not a massive turn over of staff. One the office side of things, only 3 new people have arrived in the last 5 or so years and 1 of them was to replace a retirement. Loads of staff that have worked there for over 20 years. She worked her way up and for the last 10 years has been doing the purchasing for them. They moved to the i54 site last year from a small site in Walsall and created a new Management role which they offered her.

Just round the corner from me then, my Son works for Eurofins on that site.

There's over 1000 here where I work, American owned and awash with rules and regulations at the expense of making any money, i'll be glad to be out of it to be honest.

Think they are next to Eurofins (pretty sure its them and Moog their building is by). They managed to get in on Land Rovers Queen visit last year and got he Maj to pop over and see a factory where they print millions of pics of her mugshot.

Does she have to use the M54 entrance?, my Lad's well pissed off about that.

Does she have to use the M54 entrance?, my Lad's well pissed off about that.

Yep.

The entrance right by their factory is for buses only isn't it, you would think they would allow the 3 factory's at the front to use it. Not massive employers and they wouldn't create that much traffic, understand it for JLR though as they do create a shit load.. £80 fine every time you go through the cameras. They have loads of visitors not realise and get £160 in fines for the pleasure.

Barring disaster I'm taking today as a good day for the following reasons:

Buying our dear friends Squeeze and Paddy some early Christmas presents.
Setting a new 5km PB even though I fell over halfway round.
Getting the all-clear having had an iffy-looking mole removed last month.

Power cuts.

I've always loved them. Currently sat by the fire with a book, a beer and a bowl of chilli con carne. Bliss.

Extra fire wood as well with the Christmas Tree....

Power cuts.

I've always loved them. Currently sat by the fire with a book, a beer and a bowl of chilli con carne. Bliss.

You would have so loved the mid 1970's then :)

I remember catching a bus from Wombourne to town it was pitch black, I was on my way to meet the Missus when Ted Heath's power cuts were in full force, we went in the Gondolier, no lighting just candles, quite romantic.

I remember catching a bus from Wombourne to town it was pitch black, I was on my way to meet the Missus when Ted Heath's power cuts were in full force, we went in the Gondolier, no lighting just candles, quite romantic.

The old grey matter may be playing me up, but during the power strikes didn't Wolves play a league cup tie in the afternoon on a Tuesday or Wednesday because they were not allowed to use the floodlights?

Just booked flights to come over for the Derby game on Feb 27th. Will be staying overnight too if any of you guys fancy a session after xx

I'm going to the Derby game (unless Sky fuck us over) but I don't know about after, Huddersfield away the week before could get a bit messy.

Back