• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Frank... will you give over with all this rubbish about 'darkest Lincolnshire'?
It's not dark at all. It has electricity like the rest of the country.
And when you describe a reasonably pastoral scene of walking along the almost boring, featureless, flat beach with no sand dunes at Mablethorpe then sitting outside a pub with supposedly no electricity having a couple of nice beers.... it's just sounds retarded!
I know you kind of refer to the country side in Lincolnshire as being a bit of a throw back in time, but please drop the 'Darkest' bit. It works once or twice but you've been doing it for years and.... well, you can do better than that.
It doesn't reflect well, when you then refer to it as 'bliss, sheer bliss'.

You in a bad mood or some at !!

The cycling tour of California . Wish i had a quarter of their stamina. An excellent weeks tele viewing.

And they do have such lovely looking arses :)

Last edited:
Got tickets for the Rod Stewart & Santana concert. Not keen meself but Mr Penguin will be happy.

He doesnt know yet :)

So with all the drama going on at work, been told by many people I should get the QA managers job, only problem is the tit who I work with is best buds with the Production Manager!
Nothing has been decided as of yet, but my "colleague" has been parking in the vacant managers spot all week rubbing people up the wrong way...

With Summer coming , and with my reactions to stings getting worse,my doctor has given me the ok to carry Epipens ( after not allowing me the previous 2 years )

Puts my mind at ease a little.

Feeling meself again . Only feel like i've been kicked by one Oss and not two today :)

Just been and donated blood....

Both happy and apprehensive.

Signed up to do the Nottingham half marathon in September despite not doing any serious running previously. Training begins tomorrow!

Mr Penguins nursing skills and bedside manner are improving.

Only 2 more work days then a week off - visiting Ironbridge & the start of the industrial revolution. Staying in (apparently) one of the oldest buildings there, opposite the River & only 200 metres downstream of the bridge

Been intending to go there for some time, but only now got round to it.

Finished my last day at work today, got a lot of packing up done so I can sit down and have a glass of Talisker in the last couple of hours of my birthday, whilst sitting down and looking at maps of France where I'll be for 2 weeks starting Saturday.

6 things there that all make me happy.

Never been Parkin? It's great.
I'd highly recommend Blists Hill museum. http://www.ironbridge.org.uk/our-attractions/blists-hill-victorian-town/

Yes intending to do that. Will get an annual pass - which at £21.50 for an old bugger like me is a steal as gets me into all of the museums as often as I want at a lower cost than visiting 2 of them once.

By the sound of it a number of good eateries close by & don't intend to use the car once I have got up there. Nowhere I'm likely to want to go during the week I'm there is more than 2 or 3 miles away & my legs are in reasonable nick. Plus I'm happy living at a much slower pace.

Yes intending to do that. Will get an annual pass - which at £21.50 for an old bugger like me is a steal as gets me into all of the museums as often as I want at a lower cost than visiting 2 of them once.

By the sound of it a number of good eateries close by & don't intend to use the car once I have got up there. Nowhere I'm likely to want to go during the week I'm there is more than 2 or 3 miles away & my legs are in reasonable nick. Plus I'm happy living at a much slower pace.

Think you can use that annual pass for a one off visit to any of the attractions you haven't visited after the 12 months has expired too.

There's fun to be had in the bank, i had an argument with the clerk in there before about whether the old bullshit money system was better than the new one, he fucking loved that you could split a pound into thirds back in the day, crazy bastard.
The printers was amazing. The guy in there spoke so well about where a load of phrases/sayings come form (mind your p's & q's, upper casee/lower case, & loads more!)

Back