• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

I suppose if you think about it, naming a biscuit covered in chocolate after a small animal covered in feathers might seem a little odd right enough, so what's the Aussie version of the same biscuit named after?
I mean, what IS a Tim Tam?

I suppose if you think about it, naming a biscuit covered in chocolate after a small animal covered in feathers might seem a little odd right enough, so what's the Aussie version of the same biscuit named after?
I mean, what IS a Tim Tam?

Tim Tam was a horse that won the Kentucky Derby. The guy who created Tim Tams (Arnott IIRC) named his chocolate covered biscuits after the horse.

Got my first ever "Champagne" 7 ball in a League match last night.... Break, pot a ball of one colour (red) then pot the rest and the black without my opponent getting a shot. My hand was shaking a little on the black mind you!

My new Jerry Cantrell signature Cry Baby Wah pedal arrived yesterday. Got some other bits of kit to arrive over the next few days and then I can start building my pedal board.

Turns out the company I'm moving to next month have got a bit of a monopoly going on proposed Wolverhampton supermarkets. So there's some local projects I can try and talk my way onto for a bit of site experience and perhaps save myself the big commute occasionally.

Got my first ever "Champagne" 7 ball in a League match last night.... Break, pot a ball of one colour (red) then pot the rest and the black without my opponent getting a shot. My hand was shaking a little on the black mind you!

Well done Darlo. All those years playing pool is finally paying off....

Turns out the company I'm moving to next month have got a bit of a monopoly going on proposed Wolverhampton supermarkets. So there's some local projects I can try and talk my way onto for a bit of site experience and perhaps save myself the big commute occasionally.

How far is your commute Mark?

Same as mine then. I don't find it too bad most days just put the radio on both ways and relax. Only stress is when there is traffic!

The worst part generally is getting across Walsall at the start but when I went for the interview it was early enough to avoid most of the hassle. Still one annoying road with shit loads of lights to slow you down regardless of traffic though.

Could be worse though, been up to Doncaster this morning and that was painful, had to stop off in Derby for a bit just for a break on my way back.

Not really a 'Happy' thing, more of an 'Odd' thing, but here it is...

I just sold something on EBay.

As far as I know, there are 2 Morningtons, one where I live (a tiny little village) in Co. Meath, Ireland and the other is just south of Melbourne and is far bigger, in fact is a big well known peninsula.
The woman who bought this thing lives in................ New South Wales, just south of Sydney. around 150 miles or something.
Now we did wonder if she'd twig it that we're in the wrong one - about 10,600 miles away - and the postage would be around €40!!

But she's just paid! Bet that came as a bit of a shock.
The thing we were selling is available everywhere and our price was €40.

First set of exam results back - 58, 61, 64, 64 (Bio, Probability, Chem, another Bio) which I am definitely happy with - especially the probability! I hope never to see another paper like that again!

You would be amazed what people will buy on the internet without exploring other options. I have seen us sell official Barcelona merchandise to people in Barcelona. Why not pitch up at the Nou Camp and save yourself the postage????

First set of exam results back - 58, 61, 64, 64 (Bio, Probability, Chem, another Bio) which I am definitely happy with - especially the probability! I hope never to see another paper like that again!

Well done mate - very encouraging!

Back