• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2017/18

Would be expensive too. Guess it depends on how much of a project he sees it. If we had qualified I think he'd definitely take it.

Mancini has said he'd like it

I heard Capello was in the running, as well. Would like seeing him back in the game.

Oh god I hope not. A lot of reports in Italy are saying that Ancelotti is interested and is holding talks but wants changes to the structure before he agrees to take the job

Chris Coleman to Sunderland it seems.

I still think he's a terrible manager and he's definitely still an obnoxious twat.

What it does show is he recognises his worth and unlike his pundit mates he knows the bottom of the Championship is as good as he's going to get.

Agree. They were in trouble as it was but that's just confirmed it if they appoint him IMO

RTG seem quite positive about the whole thing.

As a Wales fan I am a bit meh. With Bale, we will continue to perform just about where we should be. I don't personally believe that the Euro run was all down to Coleman at all.

I also expect him to struggle to do anything to turn Sunderland round at all.

I would fucking go round and kill the cunt if that looked likely*

*not really- I would be a truly shit murderer. But I would mash my computer keys with gusto

You could do it and say it was me. I'd have a hard time talking my way out of it.

How many points-winning goals was Gareth Bale involved in during Coleman's time with Wales? I'd bet it's a huge ratio. Which is to say, any success Coleman had with Wales was because of Bale.

I’d like to know his win ratio also, plus pressure managing Sunderland will be greater than Wales considering their current position.
From what I’ve seen he’s been tactically inept on numerous occasions ie England, Portugal and Ireland games.

Sunderland have got themselves the manager who 18 months ago got his team to the Euro Semi Finals, in the world of Ellis Short this is a coup

Sunderland have got themselves the manager who 18 months ago got his team to the Euro Semi Finals, in the world of Ellis Short this is a coup

Alternatively in his last competitive match he got tactically outclassed by the bloke who Sunderland sacked six managers ago.

His Wales record was P50 W19 D13 L18. 38% win ratio. Actually worse than Toshack on that basis who was P53 W22 D8 L23 and about the same as Terry Yorath who was P41 W16 D8 L17.

Pretty shite then considering you play some weak opposition in qualifying groups.

Alternatively in his last competitive match he got tactically outclassed by the bloke who Sunderland sacked six managers ago.

His Wales record was P50 W19 D13 L18. 38% win ratio. Actually worse than Toshack on that basis who was P53 W22 D8 L23 and about the same as Terry Yorath who was P41 W16 D8 L17.
Hey, it's an awful appointment, but to a disengaged owner I was just pointing out how it would look good

It might work but I’d agree Bale, Ramsey and Williams have carried him and made him look a lot better than he is.
Dare anyone to challenge the national journos about this as they think his something special.
Just a reminder he came third behind Serbia and Ireland who got spanked badly in midweek.

Back