• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2017/18

I hate Blue the most. Bunch of wankers from top to bottom.

Blues and Bolton for me. The only 2 clubs I actively want to see fail miserably. No redeeming features to either of them.

Blues, Albion, Newcastle and Villa in that order of of clubs I have a dislike for not hate tho after that I can live with most clubs. Bolton were up there but the way they behaved in the 90’s is starting to wear off now especially considering how they’re struggling now.

I hate Blue the most. Bunch of $#@!ers from top to bottom.

Exactly.
Was talking to a lad last week who played at St. Andrews recently, he said the actual pitch stunk of shit. (sic)
So, besides a crap history, crap ground, crap team, crap owners, crap city and most of all a bunch of shitheads who follow them they now have a pitch to match.

Add in shit floodlights, goalline technology doesn't work at their ground for night games as it's too dark.

If you want to observe a sense of entitlement go and have a look over at the other Wolves forum. It's embarrassing.

I never have a problem with West Ham and always found their fans good fun. The Bongo Boys are unpleasant and the way they got the stadium unfortunately tarnishes them as a club and I feel sorry for the fans for that as it was nothing to do with them.

The "has any club had it worse than us" thread is gold, even by their standards.

Everton have made Marco Silva their number one target as per the BBC and he supposedly wants to go.

Why would he want to go? I don't see Everton and Watford as being hugely different clubs.

Watford are a nothing club, they cannot progress from where they currently are and are already punching well above their weight. Their natural habitat is the lower third of the Championship. They have the look of a Coventry/Wigan/Swansea/Bournemouth in that it's only a matter of time until they get relegated and then the normal order of things will be restored.

If Everton's new ground comes off and investment is targeted wisely (two big ifs I'll grant you) then they have the potential to push for the top four. Indeed they've done it once in the last 15 years and came pretty close another couple of times. There's a less than 1% chance that Watford will do any of that in any of our lifetimes.

He might not want to go now as the current Everton squad is a mess and this is a salvage operation in the short term. In terms of who is the bigger club then it's like asking who has the bigger profile in world football, Fernando Torres or Billy Sharp.

Surprised at how long Everton have taken to appoint a new manager.

Been knocked back a couple of times? Wanted to give it Unsworth if he proved himself after a couple of games and then realised he wasn't the man? Simply that they sacked Koeman and then had zero plan on who was to follow?

I think they definitely felt they had to take action after that Arsenal game because they were such a rabble. Similar to us with Mick, you lose 2-1 or say, 3-1 with them knocking in a goal late on, and he probably gets to carry on. You ship five and it could have been 12 or 13...then instinct is that he has to go, regardless of whether you've really thought about it.

I suspect Kenwright wanted to have Unsworth keep it for the season - hoping he could do what Shakespeare did with Leicester last season and then they have a few months to have a proper look - but it doesn't look like he's any kind of answer.

I dunno, maybe they thought getting Nuno would be really easy and then oops, that definitely isn't happening, what now? Again, see us with Curbishley (not that he would have been any good for us whatsoever).

Former TWF golden boy Steve Davis sacked by Leyton Orient.

Was that the same summer people were excited about Luke Murphy too? Seems a long time ago now people longing for a partnership from Crewe to improve things!

Strange how football can work! And yes Mark, we lost out on Murphy to Leeds as they were the division above us at the time..

Ross Embleton taking interim charge alongside Dean Brill. Good opportunity for a young coach!

Was that the same summer people were excited about Luke Murphy too? Seems a long time ago now people longing for a partnership from Crewe to improve things!

Would have been yeah, although the interest was only revealed after Ken came in, there wasn't a suggestion they were coming as a pair IIRC. He'd probably have been alright in L1 tbf, though not as good as K-Mac (who cost about half what Murphy would have done).

Its important your best players remain fit when your operating with a small squad. Steve Davis won five of his first nine games (D1, L3) at Orient with Coulson and Elokobi at the back. When they both got injured, from 12th Sept, he didn't win again in the league (D3, L7).

Italy unsurprisingly sack Ventura. Apparently holding talks with Ancelotti. Conte being linked too

No incentive for Ancelotti right now surely. There's nothing meaningful to do for nine months.

Back