• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2017/18

Or even someone like Eddie Howe, who probably needs to make the next step himself as I think he has probably got Bournemouth as far as he can. And he gets teams playing decent football.

it's also the lack of a process that gets me. It's damaging for young or upcoming coaches that deserve an opportunity, let alone BAME coaches (without wanting to open that can of worms on this thread). You see Moyes and Allardyce, getting jobs at decent size clubs, just on the basis of reputation and you worry. We may, or may not have, any decent coaches coming through the system but how on earth would we know?

Glad someone else said it before me.

The managerial merry-go-round is really what keeps England from the business end of international tournaments, IMO. Too many stale ideas and no desire to risk new ones.

Moshiri after Simeone.

:icon_lol:

Muppets.

Moshiri after Simeone.

:icon_lol:

Muppets.

zsRjBJ8.gif

Simeone's time at Atletico does seem to be winding down.

He'll have pretty much his pick of destinations when he does decide to go and Everton is not going to feature highly amongst them.

I'd imagine it's pretty much guaranteed he'll be going to Inter when he does depart.

Atleti will be very, very strong when Costa and Vitolo arrive in January too. They're struggling a bit now, granted.

Atleti will be very, very strong when Costa and Vitolo arrive in January too. They're struggling a bit now, granted.

Don't need Jota then, do they. Cheers.

I don't think he'll come to England next, not unless Jose walks in the summer (which I don't think he will, he is being a dick at the moment though).

Inter is a poisoned chalice; I wouldn't touch that job with a barge pole.

He sorted out the absolute mess in Madrid rather well!

He adores Inter and they adore him. It'll happen.

Didn't realize he had a connection to them. Assume he was there as a player?

Replaced our good friend Mr Ince.

Milan is in an even bigger mess..Montella has to go soon(has had some bad luck with injuries though) but they have spent a lot..

Or even someone like Eddie Howe, who probably needs to make the next step himself as I think he has probably got Bournemouth as far as he can. And he gets teams playing decent football.

it's also the lack of a process that gets me. It's damaging for young or upcoming coaches that deserve an opportunity, let alone BAME coaches (without wanting to open that can of worms on this thread). You see Moyes and Allardyce, getting jobs at decent size clubs, just on the basis of reputation and you worry. We may, or may not have, any decent coaches coming through the system but how on earth would we know?

Howe has been at Bournemouth for ages, he had a little spell away which didn't go badly but wasn't great.

I would bet on him having any desire to leave Bournemouth

Howe has been at Bournemouth for ages, he had a little spell away which didn't go badly but wasn't great.

I would bet on him having any desire to leave Bournemouth

I think a big issue for him at Burnley was to do with family issues? He'd be a lot nearer with West Ham if he were to get that job. He will know himself he can't stay in his comfort zone forever as if he really wanted to he could stay at Bournemouth for as long as he liked

Phil Neville linked with the Sunderland chalice.

Moyes has managed 5 clubs for 888 games
wins 378
draws 238
losses 282

Slaven Bilic has managed 317 Games for 6 clubs
157 wins
78 draws
82 losses

Whats to say with that record Moyes is going to do any better?

Sometimes managers just look like beaten men. Recently for Koeman and Bilic it was a case of putting them put of their misery. I think any vaguely competent manager would keep either of those teams up with their squads and that includes BFS and Moyes. Not being relegated shouldn't however be the benchmark by which they are judged and it doesn't mean that they were the best appointments available just because they don't go down.

Hopefully Moyes will be about as useful as he was at Sunderland. love West Ham to get relegated.

Why do we hate West Ham, exactly?

Back