• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2017/18

In what world does Moyes look like an improvement?!

I'm shocked by how many people think he would be a good appointment. In his last two jobs he has looked like a broken man and we know what the job before that was.

I hope they give it to him because I honestly think they'd be in even more trouble than they are now.

Moyes in at West Ham and Everton turning to BFS. I suppose some clubs never learn.

All those number 10s they've signed will enjoy seeing the ball go over their heads

Reports saying Moyes is bringing Stuart Pearce as his no.2 and Everton are set to hire Big Sam

Jobs for the boys. Utter shite.

Stuart Pearce is a blatant attempt at getting the WHU supporters on board with his appointment.

"We need a West Ham man"

Chris Wilder should have been in the frame, anyone who can get Leon producing the goods deserves a go

Or even someone like Eddie Howe, who probably needs to make the next step himself as I think he has probably got Bournemouth as far as he can. And he gets teams playing decent football.

it's also the lack of a process that gets me. It's damaging for young or upcoming coaches that deserve an opportunity, let alone BAME coaches (without wanting to open that can of worms on this thread). You see Moyes and Allardyce, getting jobs at decent size clubs, just on the basis of reputation and you worry. We may, or may not have, any decent coaches coming through the system but how on earth would we know?

Or even someone like Eddie Howe, who probably needs to make the next step himself as I think he has probably got Bournemouth as far as he can. And he gets teams playing decent football.

it's also the lack of a process that gets me. It's damaging for young or upcoming coaches that deserve an opportunity, let alone BAME coaches (without wanting to open that can of worms on this thread). You see Moyes and Allardyce, getting jobs at decent size clubs, just on the basis of reputation and you worry. We may, or may not have, any decent coaches coming through the system but how on earth would we know?
I bet it is many promising coaches in england but like you say..reputation and experience at managing clubs(no matter results or style of play is rewarded and has been for some time now in england)

Yep, and not to say there definitely are others who should be given the job but by just appointing someone like Moyes (who has looked like a broken man for what, 5 years now?) without even an interview process just sends out a terrible message.

Yep, and not to say there definitely are others who should be given the job but by just appointing someone like Moyes (who has looked like a broken man for what, 5 years now?) without even an interview process just sends out a terrible message.
..and how will they develop and get that crucial experience or breakthrough without even be considered in the process..?

And to think the La Rams appointed a 30 year old who had never played professionally or even been a head coach before.

It's so rare in England to have that train of thought it's embarrassing. I really don't think owners or DoF's have a bloody clue when appointing managers.

And to think the La Rams appointed a 30 year old who had never played professionally or even been a head coach before.

It's so rare in England to have that train of thought it's embarrassing. I really don't think owners or DoF's have a bloody clue when appointing managers.
Guess money is hugh of course..just to stay in the prem if that means appointing BFS or Pulis to play boreball to try and stay up is good enough for the owners..not any guarantees they will anyway..but clearly a very common thing to stay up is focus on the defence..

Guess money is hugh of course..just to stay in the prem if that means appointing BFS or Pulis to play boreball to try and stay up is good enough for the owners..not any guarantees they will anyway..but clearly a very common thing to stay up is focus on the defence..

Pretty much mate. The financial ramifications of relegation are deemed to important to look beyond anything other than 'we need to stay up'. Ironically, this probably affects them financially long term more than anything. In West Ham's case anyway I think they could well go down now.

Looks like Moyeseh has been spending his time out of management working on his catalogue model game.

DOBNofrWAAAb1hi.jpg:small

As for BFS, he'll end up dragging Everton to lower mid-table which is no kind of achievement and he'll big it up as some kind of legendary act. I despise him. One plus point is he'll stop popping up on MOTD and the like, he's less articulate than Ryan Giggs.

That's a nice coat tbf.

Back