• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they?

Or are they saying the manager likes you and would prefer it if you stay. We have not accepted a bid for you but to show we are serious about how highly we rate you, here is a new deal. We appreciate you not being a twat and rocking the boat when we rejected a large bid for you last week (we knew you would sit by and watch it happening and do nothing though, lolz)

Also, Wolves being confident he will sign doesn't mean anything. They were confident Lage would be a success so at times they know as much this forum does. At least 3 times we were confident Traore would sign a deal put in front of him as well.
If you're turning down North of 30m and then giving him a new deal, when his current one doesn't run out until 2026 and the club in for him is Napoli, he's a starter.

Then if he is a starter then Lopetegui rates him and wants him to be...therefore the actions of the club still equal backing the manager.

said it previously I would not be turning down the bid of £30m but that is irrelevant really.

Simply backing the manager on this one. He didn't want him, we would have accepted that bid.

Whether he is 1st, 2nd. 3rd or 99th choice the club are, where they can, backing JL. Not going to have a go at them for that and if offering him a new deal is part of that, then so be it. Just showing the player the club has faith and rate him and also confirming to JL that they are working with him,.

If they have told him "we will have to sell him if someone offers £36m" (we know that's the price) then I guess JL has accepted that. £30m or so came in so it was rejected. Club sticking to their word, which is a big thing after either telling porkies or withholding some facts when they persuaded him to take over.

It is probably the case we will never get close to selling Kilman for £30m again but that is just football.
Personally I still think Napoli will come back and offer the amount we want.........then Max will reject the move.
If the club tell Lopetegui £30m is a lot of money for a player like Kilman, and he can have it all to reinvest in whatever players he wants, I'm sure he'd say yeah whatever then.

I would say a discussion over that has taken place and the price we told Napoli is the price where Lopetegui accepts we are selling him (if Max wants to go of course) and if we now say to him "actually going to take the £30m" we have another episode where we have told him something and then moved the goalposts.

Or how about if the club have told Lop that we aren't making any big money (€40m plus) signings this window. Lop could say, ok I'll accept we sell Kilman for what Napoli offered if I can have that added on for a really good defender I want that's €40m+.

Well then we are making up potential chats between club and Lopetegui.

There was probably a discussion when the bid came in and seems the outcome of that was Napoli offer £36m we say yes and everyone, whilst not being fully happy, accepts the situation.

Yeah it's getting into too much speculation. I still think Napoli will improve their offer so we'll have to wait and see what we do then.

I’ve been thinking this through and there can be no way we’ve actually been offered £30m for Kilman.

Neither clubs have confirmed anything.

It’s either that or no one at Wolves has been watching the same utter gash as me, for the last two-plus seasons.

I’ve been thinking this through and there can be no way we’ve actually been offered £30m for Kilman.

Neither clubs have confirmed anything.

It’s either that or no one at Wolves has been watching the same utter gash as me, for the last two-plus seasons.
Percy, Ornstein and Sky are usually pretty reliable for that sort of thing.

Percy, Ornstein and Sky are usually pretty reliable for that sort of thing.

They won't be so privy to stuff like payment terms etc. If, as we expect it's more cashflow than anything and the fact Italian clubs are skint we may not be happy for them to pay over a long period.

Pretty confident it’s nothing more than the club valuing Kilman higher than the average poster on this forum.

We obviously want him in our starting 11 next season. That’s all it boils down to, IMO.

As said it clearly means Kilman is a nailed on starter and in turn means we are unlikely to spend anything significant on a defender. It’s highly unlikely we are displacing Dawson and I think funds would be better used elsewhere for now. So in all likelyhood we are getting someone cheap/on loan as backup with a view to recalling Mosquera when MLS finishes for January (or even September)

The general consensus is that Lopetegui is an excellent coach, if he feels that Kilman has something to offer then he deserves to be trusted I suppose.

I don't think it's particularly unfair as a piece by a neutral that is looking at surface level. I get the idea people say no managers get all the players they want for the start of training. But we are looking to address a serious issue in the lack of goals and to be fully transitioning to a new tactical plan, we above others should have been trying to do some business early.

Last edited:
I dont agree with 90% of it but this seems to be how these outside the club see the start of July going for us:

Sell 2 back up defenders and this happens. I find it amazing that people don't even do the bare minimum research before putting their name to stuff. I'd also hazard a guess this bloke must be an Everton fan, to have the 3 teams he named as more likely for the drop than them smells like a bit of home cooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back