• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible the club never wanted to sell Kilman in the first place and he's demanding a pay increase to match what Napoli offered him so that he doesn't go.

Seems wild to us but if the club think he's worth more than 30m I can see it.

Lets also chuck in if he is happy to sign a new deal he has zero interest in playing in Italy.
Not necessarily. He might fancy a few years living in Naples and playing in the Champions League, but if his own club is daft enough to pay him even more for staying put I'm sure he's laughing either way.

Putting it like that above, it's a wonder he isn't angling for a move tbh.

I'd tell him to try doing his job properly (something he's never consistently done in a back four, which we're clearly going to play for the most part) and then we might look at it.

He has three years left for crying out loud. Don't like it, ask for a move then.

Possible the club never wanted to sell Kilman in the first place and he's demanding a pay increase to match what Napoli offered him so that he doesn't go.

Seems wild to us but if the club think he's worth more than 30m I can see it.
If the club think they can't replace him with £30m then they need their heads read. Or given a wobbling, whatever.

If the club think they can't replace him with £30m then they need their heads read. Or given a wobbling, whatever.
We can say that all we like, but the club's stance is what it is. It's pretty clear at this point that someone, be it Hobbs, Lop, whoever, rates Kilman quite a bit, whether we agree with that or not.

If he's gone come August we'll barely remember this little footnote.

By taking this stance the club are essentially stating Kilman is first choice in the manager's eyes.

If not, and he ends up starting the season on the bench then they'll all be made to look like absolute cretins.

This forum is going to be a happy place when Kilman is captain next season...
I mentioned it yesterday, but there will be a fair bit more pressure on Kilman now given the significant price tag AND the improved contract.

He'll sink of swim.

There are two types of good captain:

Your vocal, lead from the front type - Ince, Curle, Coady
Your "lead by example" type - Neves, Ricketts, Craddock

I don't see how Kilman fits either bracket and we certainly shouldn't be giving it him by default. Again, if we're promoting him to that kind of status then he simply must step his game up.

Broadly speaking I'll back Lopetegui whatever he decides, but it's not a road I'd go down.

By taking this stance the club are essentially stating Kilman is first choice in the manager's eyes.

If not, and he ends up starting the season on the bench then they'll all be made to look like absolute cretins.
Are they?

Or are they saying the manager likes you and would prefer it if you stay. We have not accepted a bid for you but to show we are serious about how highly we rate you, here is a new deal. We appreciate you not being a twat and rocking the boat when we rejected a large bid for you last week (we knew you would sit by and watch it happening and do nothing though, lolz)

Also, Wolves being confident he will sign doesn't mean anything. They were confident Lage would be a success so at times they know as much this forum does. At least 3 times we were confident Traore would sign a deal put in front of him as well.

There are two types of good captain:

Your vocal, lead from the front type - Ince, Curle, Coady
Your "lead by example" type - Neves, Ricketts, Craddock

I don't see how Kilman fits either bracket and we certainly shouldn't be giving it him by default. Again, if we're promoting him to that kind of status then he simply must step his game up.

Broadly speaking I'll back Lopetegui whatever he decides, but it's not a road I'd go down.
I'd tend to agree, however I guess we don't know what Max is like day to day

OIP.9EESQpFU9FtKsWDyyzCxcQHaE8

If we buy a new CB and he plays regularly alongside Dawson then the club will be rightly criticised for not selling Kilman when we could get maximum value for him.

Toti can play the bench role. We don't need to give anyone a pay rise to do it.

Simply backing the manager on this one. He didn't want him, we would have accepted that bid.

Whether he is 1st, 2nd. 3rd or 99th choice the club are, where they can, backing JL. Not going to have a go at them for that and if offering him a new deal is part of that, then so be it. Just showing the player the club has faith and rate him and also confirming to JL that they are working with him,.

If they have told him "we will have to sell him if someone offers £36m" (we know that's the price) then I guess JL has accepted that. £30m or so came in so it was rejected. Club sticking to their word, which is a big thing after either telling porkies or withholding some facts when they persuaded him to take over.

It is probably the case we will never get close to selling Kilman for £30m again but that is just football.
Personally I still think Napoli will come back and offer the amount we want.........then Max will reject the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back