• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only idiots would look at our business so far and be worried.

We've lost the grand total of one player from our first XI last season so far. Granted he was our best player, but we knew he was going and already had replacements at the club for him.

We have lost Neves, Moutinho, Costa, Collins and Adama from the squad though and it's not going to end there. It's not time to be worried as there's still loads of time but it's going to be interesting to see how much we are going to have to spend as we need more than just a few quality players through the door.

We have lost Neves, Moutinho, Costa, Collins and Adama from the squad though and it's not going to end there. It's not time to be worried as there's still loads of time but it's going to be interesting to see how much we are going to have to spend as we need more than just a few quality players through the door.
Neves - Gomes
Costa - Sasa (new)
Moutinho - Cundle (new)
Collins - new
Adama - Chiqiuinho

We haven't really lost anybody out of the squad, which is arguably now stronger.

Hopefully Kalajdzic and Chiquinho can contribute straight away but I'll see it as a bonus initially if they do, not something I'm expecting coming off those serious injuries. We've seen Jonny and Neto come back from similar not looking the players they were before. Don't think Cundle will be here, will probably go back out on loan. I definitely don't agree that the squad is now stronger.

Hopefully Kalajdzic and Chiquinho can contribute straight away but I'll see it as a bonus initially if they do, not something I'm expecting coming off those serious injuries. We've seen Jonny and Neto come back from similar not looking the players they were before. Don't think Cundle will be here, will probably go back out on loan. I definitely don't agree that the squad is now stronger.
Sasa and Chiqiuinho are better players than Costa and Adama.

Moutinho was at the end of your career so replacing him with a younger player is important. I think it will still be Scott but for now Cundle is here and not on loan. I'd look at Alcaraz from Soton too.

Gomes seems to fit in Lop's midfield so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Collins is the only one we need to replace but he wasn't paying anyway.

It’s simply far too early to even contemplate such an article. Even for say Everton who finished quite a bit below us and have had outgoings all over the shop. Let teams at least get some business going before slamming down the judgement hammer.

Only idiots would look at our business so far and be worried.

We've lost the grand total of one player from our first XI last season so far. Granted he was our best player, but we knew he was going and already had replacements at the club for him.
And we had 3 games where he was out of the team where the likely midfield played together and looked pretty good.

I think Gomes and Lemina was always the replacement strategy so I’m not concerned there to be honest. Which is me totally agreeing with you and not being snarky at all.

This summer will address other areas. Forward line is key. We can’t risk continuing to be as impotent as last season really.

I think that is fair. I don’t think we will be hitting the end of the month without some new faces.

We do need to start making signing pretty soon. If we are still in the same place by the end of the month it would be a concern.
Yeah I think this is where I am in the getting twitchy stakes.

Yeah I think this is where I am in the getting twitchy stakes.
I'm not twitchy yet, but if there it doesn't look like we're going to get anyone in by the end of the next week or so I think I will begin to edge towards the 'getting a bit worried' stage. I'm still in the 'there's plenty of time' stage.

Lop knows what we need, Hobbs seems pretty good at his job, it’s not all on Jeff now signing generational talent and playing football manager with a real team

My main (only?) concern is I don’t trust Jeff.
My hope is he is now only giving the thumbs up on the budget side of things.
He has a head coach who will tell him to fook off if he tries a Fabio trick again. Already seen we are now prepared to say no to Jorge (Fati deal).

Not twitchy at all as I think I’m apathetic to our long term prospects. I think we’d stay up with nil signings and don’t think we’re going to be troubling the top 7 with signings.

We will sign people and there’s nothing I can do about it anyway.

Does that mean you think we've replaced Neves already?

Was that more Fati saying no to us, rather than us saying no to Mendes?
Both tbf, we didn't want him (or indeed any swap deal, we wanted the money for FFP purposes) and he didn't want to come here.

We’ve made a signing!
Just announced Liv Ferguson has signed from Celtic for the women’s team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back