• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can trust Colin twice as much as Mark because he has twice the numbers in his name, that's how twitter works.

They're everywhere, some honestly demented opinions out there.

Easy to do when you have absolutely zero actual investment and treat it like a parlour game.

Oh, I don't want him either. I suppose the club don't mind having him as a contingency if he's not on much more money than before and we know he can be useful on a handful of occasions a season (predicting when that will be is more or less impossible, of course), I simply wouldn't bother. If he doesn't have any setbacks with his recovery then I think Chiquinho already looks a more effective player and there's plenty of improvement left in him, Adama is just Adama.
Whilst I agree regarding it’s time to move on from Adama, I think Chiquinho has benefitted from his reputation growing due to his absence? I can’t imagine we really have much of an idea of what he will be like, Afterall we’ve only seen him a handful of times.

Whilst I agree regarding it’s time to move on from Adama, I think Chiquinho has benefitted from his reputation growing due to his absence? I can’t imagine we really have much of an idea of what he will be like, Afterall we’ve only seen him a handful of times.
I think you're right, I'd go for Ocampos and we do have Sarabia who can play on that side too

Be a lot to expect much from Chiquinho too soon after such bad injuries. I did like what I saw of him in the few games. Direct, pacy and could whip in a cross.

Poor fucker played rwb against Man City by that idiot

We’ve seen enough to know he’s maybe the best right footed crosser we’ve got. The quality on his deliveries stood out immediately to me when he played.

He’s a gamble but so is anyone else we’d buy. Chiqi is cheap and has oodles of potential; IMO he deserves his shot much like Neto did.

We’ve seen enough to know he’s maybe the best right footed crosser we’ve got. The quality on his deliveries stood out immediately to me when he played.

He’s a gamble but so is anyone else we’d buy. Chiqi is cheap and has oodles of potential; IMO he deserves his shot much like Neto did.
Ridiculous statement. He's played 8 games.

And his crossing was damn good in them, something we haven’t really had on either wing in a long time.

he’s the best right foot crosser we have by default tbf. There isn’t anyone else as Semedo can’t cross to save his life

he’s the best right foot crosser we have by default tbf. There isn’t anyone else as Semedo can’t cross to save his life
That is part of it, unfortunately.

Reactions: b3h
Having him and Bueno crossing from either side will certainly help Sasa, if he can stay fit.

I’ve got high hopes with him. The YouTube clips when we signed him showed that he was direct and liked running at defenders. The crossing ability in his fleeting appearances were a nice bonus. I’m not saying he’s going to be a starter but certainly a useful bench option if he’s fully recovered.

There's a lot on social media that think you can just just play Chiquinho one side Giles the other lamp crosses into Kalajdzic and that = loads of goals. If only football were that simple. I don't think statistically a high percentage of crosses are converted to goals anyway.

Having someone tall who can win headers would be a nice change though. Even if he knocks them down for a No.10 playing off him.

Look how Jimenez and Traore suddenly became an effective partnership once Traore started finding Raul with decent crosses.

In terms of potential Chiquinho has a high ceiling but a low floor as well. He's not that young really and had only just broken into the Estoril team when we signed him. I'd say he's more likely to be back at a provincial Portuguese club within 12 months than moving on to an elite club for profit.

Having someone tall who can win headers would be a nice change though. Even if he knocks them down for a No.10 playing off him.

Look how Jimenez and Traore suddenly became an effective partnership once Traore started finding Raul with decent crosses.
Oh Bear I love how wrong you get players.

You're going to be disappointed if you think we're going to be playing direct football into Sasa a la Graham Taylor style.

You're also going to be disappointed if you think Sasa is a targetman.

There's a lot on social media that think you can just just play Chiquinho one side Giles the other lamp crosses into Kalajdzic and that = loads of goals. If only football were that simple. I don't think statistically a high percentage of crosses are converted to goals anyway.

Its less than 2% from a quick search.

I also found this about the 21/22 season

15,016 (crosses) of them with 18% completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back