• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that far removed from him going to Juventus for over 70m so there is/was a real player in there somewhere. Feel like he would be terrible or brilliant no in between, so I think it wouldn't be a terrible move if it's a loan with an option as we can have a look at him before we make a proper commitment.

Not that far removed from him going to Juventus for over 70m so there is/was a real player in there somewhere. Feel like he would be terrible or brilliant no in between, so I think it wouldn't be a terrible move if it's a loan with an option as we can have a look at him before we make a proper commitment.
That was the rotten deal to end all rotten deals. Pjanic went the other way for the same figure.

Played a grand total of 86 first team minutes last season.

Doesn't seem to fit any position we need as he has played DM in a 3 when successful for Juve.

Is he any better than Gomes and Lemina who could do that role easily?

This has the stench of Mendes all over it.

Played a grand total of 86 first team minutes last season.

Doesn't seem to fit any position we need as he has played DM in a 3 when successful for Juve.

Is he any better than Gomes and Lemina who could do that role easily?

This has the stench of Mendes all over it.
He'd be replacing Neves in the squad from last year I suppose (just further down the pecking order). If we don't fancy Matheus or Boubacar in a 2 then we're only 1 injury to Gomes/Lemina away from Joe Hodge being a serious option.

He was really highly rated for a long time, I don't think it's his ability which is in question. At Juve he's seen as being a bit safe but that might've been tactical instruction, hasn't gone well for anyone at Juve since he joined (signed when Pirlo took the job I think and then Allegri didn't fancy him). He's also always going to be associated with that dodgy transfer to Juve fans so hard to win them over.

The worry is that he's had 2 big surgeries in successive seasons and when he arrived at Liverpool he was seriously unfit which maybe suggests a lack of professionalism.

The worry is that he's had 2 big surgeries in successive seasons and when he arrived at Liverpool he was seriously unfit which maybe suggests a lack of professionalism.
I know managers can sometimes chat bubbles but Klopp said this of him

“I would like to wish the best to Arthur as his loan period comes to an end — his professionalism and ability were clear to all who worked with him.”

I read in The Athletic that he was quite well thought of at Liverpool - never moaned about not playing and volunteered more than once to play for their U21s. They just didn't research the signing very well and Elliott ended up playing way more than anyone would have expected at the start of the season.

I’d be willing to take a punt on him given he’s been at two absolutely shitehawk clubs as his last two stops. Stats suggest he wasn’t an insignificant part of Barça’s league title in 18/19.

I’ll take a “safe” midfielder any day if it means we can play through a press a bit better.

I’d be willing to take a punt on him given he’s been at two absolutely shitehawk clubs as his last two stops. Stats suggest he wasn’t an insignificant part of Barça’s league title in 18/19.

I’ll take a “safe” midfielder any day if it means we can play through a press a bit better.
Liverpool and Juve are Shitehawk clubs?

Not really counting Liverpool as at a glance he made more appearances for their academy team than senior team.

Juve and Barça can get bent.

On loan is fine. It's not an area of massive need with 4 senior players for CM at the club already.

He's not a £70m player though, it was an absolute fiddle. Imagine if we agreed to swap Ait-Nouri to Spurs in exchange for Sessegnon and said they were both worth £50m. Would be total nonsense.

I'd also be wary of just judging on past club history when we've had Adama (Barcelona x2), Trincao (Barcelona), Vallejo (Real Madrid), Cutrone (AC Milan) and Guedes (PSG and Valencia) here.

He is a decent player, no doubt about that.

More CM links when it’s pretty much every other position on the pitch I’d like an improvement in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back