• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's a hugely inefficient way of playing. And it isn't really how Sasa has been effective in the past either. Sure he scores headers, but I always thought he was more of a link-up man with good footwork?

Oh Bear I love how wrong you get players.

You're going to be disappointed if you think we're going to be playing direct football into Sasa a la Graham Taylor style.

You're also going to be disappointed if you think Sasa is a targetman.
Yeah you're right. He's a 6ft 7in striker who's never going to win a header or have a cross or long ball aimed at him.

You do like making up things people haven't said.

Yeah you're right. He's a 6ft 7in striker who's never going to win a header or have a cross or long ball aimed at him.

You do like making up things people haven't said.
There is quite a difference between long ball/ crossing tactics you were talking about (winning balls for knock downs I believe you said) and winning headers or crosses that may come in the box.

Using Sasa as a crossing target or target man is not an effective use of him, much like a lot of tall players who aren't target men.

I'd like to think you know that.

Yeah, it's a hugely inefficient way of playing. And it isn't really how Sasa has been effective in the past either. Sure he scores headers, but I always thought he was more of a link-up man with good footwork?
Sssshhhh, don't tell Bear.

Relying on crossing may be inefficient but the bar for attacking efficiency is pretty fucking low at the moment.

Relying on crossing may be inefficient but the bar for attacking efficiency is pretty fucking low at the moment.
It's the variation that's needed. City have gone to a new level now Haaland is a threat from crosses.

If Chiquinho and Sasa/ A.N. Other can do that it should free up space for the others to play/ be available for cut backs and late runs.

I guess that's why we're also looking at a player like Scott, I'm hoping Boubacar could be that player too.

There is quite a difference between long ball/ crossing tactics you were talking about (winning balls for knock downs I believe you said) and winning headers or crosses that may come in the box.

Using Sasa as a crossing target or target man is not an effective use of him, much like a lot of tall players who aren't target men.

I'd like to think you know that.
Yes obviously. At no point did I suggest that would be the way we would play constantly. Just that it'd be nice to have a player who can win headers when we need him to.

Yes obviously. At no point did I suggest that would be the way we would play constantly. Just that it'd be nice to have a player who can win headers when we need him to.
Think people worry it’ll devolve into a Peter Crouch situation.

It's the variation that's needed. City have gone to a new level now Haaland is a threat from crosses.

If Chiquinho and Sasa/ A.N. Other can do that it should free up space for the others to play/ be available for cut backs and late runs.

I guess that's why we're also looking at a player like Scott, I'm hoping Boubacar could be that player too.

It's why it's so crucial Adama goes. Having a player in a decent wide position who can spot that variation.

I'd wager if Adama stayed we'd revert to utterly one dimensional if he came off the bench and it would make managing a lead easier for an opponent rather than harder.

Its less than 2% from a quick search.

I also found this about the 21/22 season

15,016 (crosses) of them with 18% completed
I'd be interested to know the percentage of all attacking moves that end in a goal, but honestly, I'm far too fucking lazy to do that research 😂. However, I would be surprised if it was all that much greater than 2%.

Yeah, I like Tosin. Always been a really good athlete but he's a good age now as well, got a lot of experience under his belt.

I'd have thought he'd be too expensive though?

Yeah I like him as well. Think he only has a year left at Fulham.

The couple of replies to that tweet seem to not be in favour! I've no idea what he is like but instinctively prefer not to want anything to do with a Mendes deal.

Not a Mendes deal as such. The suggestion is he is either assisting Juventus or Wolves in setting up the deal.

We have used him previously to get deals done for clients that are not his. If its a genuine link this one isn't because he has said "Jeff, you are taking this player"

I know next to nothing on him bar he got paid to sit in Liverpool's treatment room for most of last season

Randomly was told this in person yesterday by a friend of a friend who works at Wolves. Thought it was bollocks so didn't post on here

Well he'd certainly fit into the 'players with something to prove' category that Hobbs talked about.

Seriously talented but his career has been an absolute mess so far. Juve just want rid of him at this point to rid themselves of the stink of his dodgy transfer from Barca so there's a chance we could pick him up way below value. On the other hand there are legitimate questions over his injury record & application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back