• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Did my first ever 10k race yesterday in 51:50, was aiming for under 52 minutes so I timed it pretty well! I've been struggling to stand up today though...

Did my first organised race today. The Birmingham Half Marathon, 1:36:16, 7:12min/mile pace. Really pleased with myself, was hoping for around 1:45, so exceeded my expectations. Knees and ankles feel ropey now though!!

Good work Pablo.

My weigh in tonight although not so confident of a good loss this week as I haven't stuck to my plan so well.

19 stone 08 in my clothes and shoes, etc. The only problem is that I now have to wear the same stuff each week in order to keep the recods accurate.

I've got my next pig-out session booked for Xmas day.

Are you witha group or are you losing weight on your own?

I started at Slimming World. Tonight is my second weigh in - lost 3 1/2 lb last week.

I started at 17st 9lb.

Aiming for 2/3 lb a week.

I started at Slimming World. Tonight is my second weigh in - lost 3 1/2 lb last week.

I started at 17st 9lb.

Aiming for 2/3 lb a week.

I dodn't really follow the WW plan to the letter, but I just like the accountability of getting weighed in a room full of people. What's strange about my group is that the WW leader has lost a ship load of weight but the helpers are all massive fatties that haven't lost a lb in months.

Finally starting to get a good balance between my uni work, actual work and going to gym, so hopefully I'll start getting into shape soon. Looking to get to 12 stone from just under 13 and tone up in the process.

5 and a half pound lost this week. Very pleased with myself!

5 and a half pound lost this week. Very pleased with myself!

Good skills!

I think I'll be lucky to stay the same this week after a few big lunches. Going to go walking tomorrow to see how the ankle holds up.

Timely resurrection as it is the new year!

Since starting this thread I have lost 8kg (1 st 3 lb!). Feel pretty fit, though that lapsed a bit over Christmas.

I'm back on it now, doing weights 4 times per week, eating healthy food regularly and not massive meals. I'm also cycling into placement, 15 mins each way so that's my 30 mins cardiovascular exercise per day. Don't drink lager as much as I used to, if i'm on a night out i'll drink wine or spirits with diet mixer, and have the occasional pint. When I snack I eat something with some nutritional value, such as nuts and fruit or a protein shake, rather than crisps or chocolate bars.

Small changes go a long way!

I was going to resurrect this myself actually.

Still going to Slimming World and following their eating plan. Still enjoying it actually.

I didn't follow it for December and put on 5lb but managed to lose that last week (get weight on Mondays) meaning I've lost a total of 1st 2lb since starting. Still got a long way to go though.

I was going to resurrect this myself actually.

Still going to Slimming World and following their eating plan. Still enjoying it actually.

I didn't follow it for December and put on 5lb but managed to lose that last week (get weight on Mondays) meaning I've lost a total of 1st 2lb since starting. Still got a long way to go though.

Keep up the good work Stan. How far you got left to go?

Still no word from your job situation Stan?

Not yet Roy. They were supposed to let me know yesterday but I had no word with them. Hoping it was through a delay rather than me not getting the job but less hopeful now!

Keep up the good work Stan. How far you got left to go?

I'm aiming to lose about another 2st 7lb over the next few months. Just slow and steady progression. I've been overweight for the last 8 years so no rush to get it all off!

I really need a kick up the arse on this.

Before Christmas I was doing ok, then work took over so everything was put on the bacj burner. Now I simply cannot push myself to start again. In my head the plan is there and I will start and almost instantly stop. I need something to spark me into life and actually make myself lose weight and get fit.

Has anyone done these bootcamps that are seemingly popping up all over the place? Worth having a month at one of these?

Starting Slimming World have me a kick up the arse because now I have to go and get weighed at a set point every week and I'm disappointed in myself if I don't lose.

Back