• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Starting Slimming World have me a kick up the arse because now I have to go and get weighed at a set point every week and I'm disappointed in myself if I don't lose.

What are the Slimming World evenings like?

I just have the image of a room full of over excited large people who become depressed if they haven't lost an ounce...........

The one I go to is okay. I'd rather not spend an hour each week there but I've lost 1st 4lb since starting in October so I can't complain (I could have done better too).

It's mainly women who constantly lose a couple of lbs and then put them back on again but feel better about themselves because they go to a the group each week where as I actually go to lose weight rather than have a chat. I know people who have lost 5st each now by following the eating plan (it's not a diet as such, more of a lifestyle change) and I fit it around my lifestyle rather than sticking rigidly to it.

There is a club 2 mins from my house........now do I want to spend an hour with people wanting to be my friend! Will it give me the massive kick I need.

Off to mull this one over.....

although you can just do an online registration....that suites me more!

Im sure you dont need advice on what to and what not to eat. Get yourself down the gym, do some swimming etc etc. I wish my legs worked and that I could do that stuff :-(

Get yourself down there.

It won't be the same doing it online!

Im sure you dont need advice on what to and what not to eat. Get yourself down the gym, do some swimming etc etc. I wish my legs worked and that I could do that stuff :-(

Like I said, I need a kick up the arse. Something to force me to do it.

I join gym's and then don't like them because of the people............i'm not a people person really. Since Christmas I have been so lethargic its unreal, really got no "oomph" about me at all. Which is not like me at all.

Get yourself down there.

It won't be the same doing it online!

Its the people bit that is putting me off

(Reading back what I am typing, I am basically making my excuses before I start, fuck it i will become 30 stone and be happy with it)

You only have to sit in a group and talk about how you're weeks been in terms of being on plan etc etc.

It's fun listening to the excuses people coming out with like "it was snowing so it meant I couldn't go out walking so I've put 3lb on" and it was nothing to do with the selection box of chocolates they ate or the takeaways.

If anything it gives me more motivation not wanting to turn into the people that go to the group!

Like I said, I need a kick up the arse. Something to force me to do it.

I join gym's and then don't like them because of the people............i'm not a people person really. Since Christmas I have been so lethargic its unreal, really got no "oomph" about me at all. Which is not like me at all.

I'll go swimming with ya twice a week if you want.. Good swimming hall in Wednesfield. You can even go down the slide if you want ?

I will make a decision on it tonight.

Only just realised a Pure Gym has opened down the road from my office. So nothing would stop me going there during the day (avoid the busy periods in the evening). I will mull things over and maybe force my hand and do both things.

So when you join SW, do you just turn up, stand on some scales they go "DING DING DING FAST BASTARD" and then what?

I'll go swimming with ya twice a week if you want.. Good swimming hall in Wednesfield. You can even go down the slide if you want ?

Swimming baths in Darlo. I'm a lazy fucker, not going to Wednesfield....

You need something to force you into it ?

Kenny , get yourself a dog and go walking . If that doesnt work, stick pictures of you naked all over the house, pictures of you bending, sitting, touching your toes . It worked for me !! :)

I will make a decision on it tonight.

Only just realised a Pure Gym has opened down the road from my office. So nothing would stop me going there during the day (avoid the busy periods in the evening). I will mull things over and maybe force my hand and do both things.

So when you join SW, do you just turn up, stand on some scales they go "DING DING DING FAST BASTARD" and then what?

You'll sit down with the consultant and they'll talk you through the eating plan, you get weighed and off you go. Follow the plan, come back next week and you will have lost weight.

When I got heavy a year or so ago I just went walking every day for an hour, just make a habit of it. By the end you don't even think about it and if you have your music it's fine (admittedly I would not want Stu's music, that would make me jump in the canal).

I run a four mile route twice a week now, still do my walks and I want to try to get back into my cricket this summer. I can't really do football any more long term so it's a nice little set up. Obviously I am lucky because I work from home and I can bugger off whenever I want, but you get the idea.

Back down to about 10st 8lb now, I look pretty trim and feel good. :)

You need something to force you into it ?

Kenny , get yourself a dog and go walking . If that doesnt work, stick pictures of you naked all over the house, pictures of you bending, sitting, touching your toes . It worked for me !! :)

That came out wrong. I meant pictures of me all over me house worked for me , not pictues of .... oh fuck it .

I'll add some small arsed misery guts to my play list to see if that helps;.......

Yes, you should.

I do not use Moz as my running music by the way :icon_lol:

I have a separate playlist for that. Elbow, Calvin Harris, Gorillaz, Prodigy, quite eclectic. I'll send it to you xx

Back