• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

As sad as I am to see Cav go, it simply must be indicative that incomings are on the way. No way do we let Costa and Cav go from an already wafer thin squad without supreme confidence that they’re being replaced.

Definitely a few incomings soon. Understandable after both Costa and Cav not enough striking power as in Jiminiez and Jota. Expect a quality forward in very soon.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As sad as I am to see Cav go, it simply must be indicative that incomings are on the way. No way do we let Costa and Cav go from an already wafer thin squad without supreme confidence that they’re being replaced.

Why not? We've got rid of players in the past without back-up for them on the immediate horizon.

We'll sign players. Twitter is fucking ridiculous this morning - I'm sorry to see Cav go but he wasn't a player who has been able to nail down a 1st team place and as the squad grows and improves, players like him (and indeed Costa) will be the first to make way. If we were losing someone like Jota, Neves, Boly etc I'd worry a bit. But we're not, we're losing players who haven't been able to step up as well as they have. Players we bring in will have to be as good, if not better (or have the potential to be) in order to come into this squad. I think Deutsch said the other day that in order to break into this team, you need to be bloody good. And bloody good players are difficult to find.

I'm not quite sure what else Fosun have to do to earn a bit more trust and respect. They know what they're doing.

Will be sad to see Cav go, I really like him as a player and thought he had some potential to achieve in the Prem. It's hard to see quality players leaving as we've had so few over the years

Oh well we move on.

Something big must be about to hit, and it must be a certainty. No way we let both Cav and Costa go without that certainty.

Costa and Cav were both pre-Nuno weren't they, perhaps he felt they were never 'his' players.

Cav and Costa leaving doesn't weaken the team as neither of them were in it. But it does weaken the squad - until someone better than them comes in, who will have a better chance of breaking into the XI. Which will happen in time.

I don't understand why people are failing to grasp this.

We'll sign players. Twitter is fucking ridiculous this morning - I'm sorry to see Cav go but he wasn't a player who has been able to nail down a 1st team place and as the squad grows and improves, players like him (and indeed Costa) will be the first to make way. If we were losing someone like Jota, Neves, Boly etc I'd worry a bit. But we're not, we're losing players who haven't been able to step up as well as they have. Players we bring in will have to be as good, if not better (or have the potential to be) in order to come into this squad. I think Deutsch said the other day that in order to break into this team, you need to be bloody good. And bloody good players are difficult to find.

I'm not quite sure what else Fosun have to do to earn a bit more trust and respect. They know what they're doing.

You can't just operate with your first XI when we have EL qualifiers round the corner and I'd have thought Cav would've played in those games. The drop off from the first team squad to the U23's is huge and far to big for those players to make. Rob Edwards has been saying that more players will go out on loan this season too. It is concerning we have a wafer thin squad at this point and with Doc out until the start of the season the squad is a concern to a lot of people which is understandable.

I'm with you in that there will be players coming in but I'm not sure we should be looking at Fosun for guidance it is down to the Sporting Director and his staff to bring players in. Fosun will have budgets and no doubt will have set them the day the season finished.

Cav was on list to travel to China right? When do we open the megastore out there, you do wonder if a signing will come with that. Only Jota as a senior forward without him in the group.

Sad to see him go though, I really loved his work rate, and he scored some lovely goals. Reading away was fantastic

You can't just operate with your first XI when we have EL qualifiers round the corner and I'd have thought Cav would've played in those games. The drop off from the first team squad to the U23's is huge and far to big for those players to make. Rob Edwards has been saying that more players will go out on loan this season too. It is concerning we have a wafer thin squad at this point and with Doc out until the start of the season the squad is a concern to a lot of people which is understandable.

I'm with you in that there will be players coming in but I'm not sure we should be looking at Fosun for guidance it is down to the Sporting Director and his staff to bring players in. Fosun will have budgets and no doubt will have set them the day the season finished.

It'll be a concern if we still have a wafer thin squad when we play Leicester. I'm sure the existing squad plus a few of the U23s will be able to cope with the EL qualifiers in the same way as they did during pre season games last season and the season before. We will probably be down to the bare bones during the games in China, and if we don't play well in those against tougher opposition than the EL games I expect the vitriol to go up yet another level, but I really don't see any point in worrying at this particular point. I think the club have earned a bit more trust TBH.

The league is a different kettle of fish but I would expect us to be ready by then.

I simply cannot believe that knowing the strength or assumed lack of by many fans, that Fosun would even contemplate going into such an important season with the bare bones we have now.
They have always played their cards close to their chest, and i am sure that is what they are doing now.
In any case, no new signings would put unnecessary pressure on Nuno, and their is simply no way Fosun would do that and risk the obvious consequences.

Now down to 14 first team outfield players. I was ok with only 2-3 players if they were incremental to the squad but if they are going to be replacements then it's foolhardy in my view.

There's not the quality coming through the U23's to provide anything other than bodies, we'll be knackered by Xmas if we get into the EL group stage. If you read Timmy's interview with Sellars, of the lads going to China the only one capable of stepping up now is Sanderson.

Back