• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

It is a concern, even with new signings I would still see Cav with a role to play.

We appear to be placing a lot of trust with the U23s supplementing the first team squad.

I'm all for giving the club my faith, but not my blind faith. I understand getting players better than Cav and Costa is a diminishing list, getting them to work with the team ethos, the list is even smaller.

The current squad is nowhere near big enough to cope with an EL campaign and PL.

I'm sure somebody could start a ronaldo rumour,Portuguese,Mendez client,wants to finish his career in the premier league,it all fits,bit of photoshopping a newspaper and away we go

It is a concern, even with new signings I would still see Cav with a role to play.

We appear to be placing a lot of trust with the U23s supplementing the first team squad.

I'm all for giving the club my faith, but not my blind faith. I understand getting players better than Cav and Costa is a diminishing list, getting them to work with the team ethos, the list is even smaller.

Also have to consider that Cav didn't want to stay and play a game here and there like he did last season. Nuno is big on team spirit and if we have an unhappy player we won't keep hold of them.

I will be amazed if we start the season (Leicester not Europa) with our squad as it stands this morning.

Sad to see Cav go but it was inevitable with the way we've progressed.

Rather than getting in a flap, I see it as exciting news as it must mean a signing or 2 (or 3 or 4...?) is imminent. China store opens in 3 days so I presume we'll get an away kit reveal and possibly more...?

Also sad to see Cav go. But what an almighty statement of belief in Traore...

There has got to be some signings imminent now, surely?

We were never going to sell Traore so soon after purchasing him for 18m. Whatever peoples opinions of him are, Nuno said when he signed that he was going to try and develop him, they're trying to change his position and use him as a RWB and if it fails this season he may well go next summer but I don't think it was ever on the cards this summer.

We should just admit defeat with Traore. Life's too short to be wasting time with things that are obviously never going to work. It happens, move on.

We should just admit defeat with Traore. Life's too short to be wasting time with things that are obviously never going to work. It happens, move on.

Nuno doesn't piss around with players he doesn't believe in though.
He can can see something in Adama and whatever we don't see off the pitch, it is enough for him to stick with what he is trying to do with him

Nuno doesn't piss around with players he doesn't believe in though.
He can can see something in Adama and whatever we don't see off the pitch, it is enough for him to stick with what he is trying to do with him

Might just be his blind spot. Plenty of managers have them, even the greats, Fergie persisted with some right shite. Djemba-Djemba played 39 times for United as did Luke Chadwick, both were appalling.

Might just be his blind spot. Plenty of managers have them, even the greats, Fergie persisted with some right shite. Djemba-Djemba played 39 times for United as did Luke Chadwick, both were appalling.

Yeah, it’s probably Nuno that’s wrong rather than you...

Sad to see Cav go but it was inevitable with the way we've progressed.

Rather than getting in a flap, I see it as exciting news as it must mean a signing or 2 (or 3 or 4...?) is imminent. China store opens in 3 days so I presume we'll get an away kit reveal and possibly more...?

Yeah this - we clearly have replacements close or we wouldn’t let Cav and costa go - and the China megastore would be a great place to unveil them (although I was hoping the same was true of the kit launch!)

Remember a few summers back, when people swore until they were blue in the face that there was a high-profile striker ready to be unveiled right until the deadline sailed past?

I remember that.

Remember a few summers back, when people swore until they were blue in the face that there was a high-profile striker ready to be unveiled right until the deadline sailed past?

I remember that.

Rather different regime now.

Back