• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Yeah I thought we might only let one of those two go, I think if Cav goes too we will sign a striker and a younger attacking player, one of those being able to play as a wider forward if we play 343

Centre back is still a must. And I think we will sign an attacking midfielder. And maybe a wing back. So 3-5 signings IMO

I wouldn't speculate too much on something Nash has probably made up.

You say nobody should be comparing women's to men's football but the media already does. You get total bollocks lines like 'player X has now made Y appearances in the World Cup, equalling Peter Shilton'. Absolute horse shit. If you want comparing and you want parity, play in the same games.

I think the media are part of the problem. The BBC commentary, punditry and reporting of the WWC has been abysmal.

Yeah I thought we might only let one of those two go, I think if Cav goes too we will sign a striker and a younger attacking player, one of those being able to play as a wider forward if we play 343

Centre back is still a must. And I think we will sign an attacking midfielder. And maybe a wing back. So 3-5 signings IMO

I think 1 or 2 is all we'll get. Hope I'm wrong though as I agree with what you've listed

I think Bennett will start. Doc will still be our only right wingback

Southampton have made Lemina available. I'd definitely take him here.

Me too, he's a cracking player when he's on his game. High work rate and decent shot on him from range. I'm surprised Soton want to let him go as I though he would fit Hasenhuttl perfectly.

Lemina is too inconsistent - if we are going to buy a midfielder I think they need to be a more creative player preferably with a half decent goal record.

Lemina is too inconsistent - if we are going to buy a midfielder I think they need to be a more creative player preferably with a half decent goal record.
I just think if they're actively making him available that he's probably going to end up being quite good value. There's a top player in there, he could definitely push Leander for a starting role at the very least and if it clicks he can be amazing.

I just think if they're actively making him available that he's probably going to end up being quite good value. There's a top player in there, he could definitely push Leander for a starting role at the very least and if it clicks he can be amazing.

Apparently Man Utd want him

Not someone who I'd get too excited about, can't say as I've ever seen him particularly stand out in that Southampton team.

Just to play devils advocate we do have a bit of history for letting players who aren't good enough to without necessarily having a back up

Dicko went when he only had Bonatini, Douglas went leaving us with essentially Jonny.

I've always thought Lemina has looked bang average for Saints. Certainly not better than the 3 we currently have playing in midfield

Just to play devils advocate we do have a bit of history for letting players who aren't good enough to without necessarily having a back up

Dicko went when he only had Bonatini, Douglas went leaving us with essentially Jonny.

We had Vinagre as well as Jonny when Douglas left

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ennis gets a bit more involved, we seem to be really pushing the u23 thing this summer and tbh Ennis might well do a better job than Cav or Costa would up front as it’s his natural position. Not saying he’s the answer but I’d be ok with it if we signed 1 forward player and used him as 4th choice striker.

I'm not sure any of our u23's are anywhere near the required standard right now although I've not seen Nya play yet.

I tend to agree. Ennis is very talented just lost two years of development due to injuries - I think he will still get an opportunity eventually. The only other one really is Kilman who appears to be part of the first team squad now anyway.

I think Dion Sanderson will play some part in the friendlies/early europe games.

Back