• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Not trying to derail this or be funny, but surely you can't seriously compare the women's world cup to the Conference? Technically they have work to do but stylistically the women's game is entertaining. Lots of playing out from the back, some good skillful and creative players. Very little gamesmanship or diving.

Its more enjoyable than a lot of championship football as a TV fan.

It's awful. Hednesford would beat England.

Not trying to derail this or be funny, but surely you can't seriously compare the women's world cup to the Conference? Technically they have work to do but stylistically the women's game is entertaining. Lots of playing out from the back, some good skillful and creative players. Very little gamesmanship or diving.

Nobody should be comparing women's to men's football. The same way nobody compares women's and men's athletics or tennis.

Same rules, different game.

It’s on par with the MLS

Nobody should be comparing women's to men's football. The same way nobody compares women's and men's athletics or tennis.

Same rules, different game.
You've been saying this for the last couple of weeks. I agree with you, it doesn't seem to be cutting through though. Comparing it to a fairly low standard of the mens game unfairly belittles it in my view

Leicester sign Tielemans. That's as statement of intent from one of our rivals

Not trying to derail this or be funny, but surely you can't seriously compare the women's world cup to the Conference?

I'm not. It just sparks the same kind of interest. I watched England in 2.5 games and no other game in the World Cup. Last season I put on a couple of conference games as fuck all else was on. So I was comparing my levels of interest.

I hope the womens game grows and expands and also Wolves are a part of it happening.

OG Tim says Cav has been made available and Derby are interested.

I really think we’ll only sign a couple of players, which if they improve the quality of the squad is fine tbh.

Back