• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Rose is nothing special, don't think he's an especially good defender nor anything special going forwards to compensate. Just a good engine to get up and down when he's not injured. Wanyama would be the pick of that list on pure ability but he's fucked so it's not worth it.

He wouldn’t sign for us - that said I’m not sure where else he will go. Maybe Leicester if they sell Chilwell?

He’s impressed me with how he has spoken out over issues he feels are important too. He comes across as very honest

Yeah, I think he's spoken out with dignity about racist abuse he's received and about depression and mental health issues that are often swept under the carpet amongst the football community. Wanker is really not the term I would use about him at all.

I haven't read/seen much of what Rose has said on mental health and race, but I do remember an interview he gave which I think was in the summer of 2017 where he shat on Spurs chances of winning a trophy, criticised them for lack of transfers and not going after big name players, complained he wasn't paid enough then tried to tease a move up north which felt like a come and get me plea to Man United. Didn't feel right and I lost a lot of respect for him afterwards.

That always stuck out to me and I am reminded of it when I think of him. Having him as our left wing-back and moving Jonny to the right is a definite improvement, but I'd be wary what sort of wages Rose would want and he does get injured quite frequently. Wouldn't want anybody Spurs are selling, Trippier has declined massively, Aurier is a clumsy donkey, Wanyama is never fit.

Rose isn't coming to Wolves. With Jonny and Ruben Vinagre we're not going to sign another LWB and - for this season at least - Doc is going to start on the right.
What are people's views on Andre Silva? There must be a good chance that he'll end up with us & if anyone can get him back to his best it's Nuno.

Andre Silva isn't coming to Wolves we have heard from the club's mouth before he wasn't a target and I'm sure a source the other day again confirmed he's not a player Wolves are looking at. Not sure why we are constantly linked with him.

Not sure why we are constantly linked with him.

Porto & Nuno history. Lazy link that is now 18 months old, seems he is going to be one of those names we will see every transfer window

*get the tin hat*

From Spurs I'd like to get Janssen.

*logs off*

Can someone hit Pablo with the Ban hammer? Not even I’ve stooped to this level of wummery

Whoever it was said our position on Silva might well change had made a good point. Now we play two up front our needs are different to when we played 3-4-3. And IIRC Jota used to partner Silva up front at Porto so would undoubtedly fit into our system now.

I'm not saying we are interested in him, but you could easily make a case for Nuno changing his mind on him.

Well, according to Twitter we're signing Diego Costa and according to the rumours site Alvarez was looking at houses with Nuno over the weekend. Desperate for news? Not much...

Some account posted a quote from Mendes (which I have not seen anywhere else so presume is fake) saying that Costa has had offers to return to England but one stands out. So people are now responding to that tweet saying we will sign him.

I forgot how tedious the summer transfer window gets!!!

We wont sign him but Costa would be ideal for us. Could only use him as an alternative to Raul though i'd have though couldn't see them working as a partnership.

Everton were linked with Costa the other day.

If we can just fast forward another 2 weeks would be great. Bloody hate the summer break, particularly so when there isn’t a proper international tournament

No way we'd sign Diego Costa. Massive wages and he is past it, slow, constantly injured, and scored one league goal all season. Plus he is an absolute wanker so wouldn't want him here, ever. West Ham must be gutted they have already wasted all this time with Maxi Gomez when their perfect fit is now available.

I suppose we do need someone to take up the Forum's FFS Costa mantle however...

If we can just fast forward another 2 weeks would be great. Bloody hate the summer break, particularly so when there isn’t a proper international tournament
Copa America, Gold Cup, Cup of Nations, World Cup...

Back