• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Jansson looked superb down here in Zenga's final game (although we were totally without a plan that day, played a front two of Bod and Dicko and it looked like we'd never even practiced it).

He's a bit of a faux hardman now, not really a good enough footballer for how Wilder has his CHs playing either.

Look like Huddersfield to me.
b5c90443d945160489fb46a783aa0cad.jpg

Definitely Huddersfield blue

I agree with Punts, we def need 3-4 quality players. Beano upgrade, a creative cm to share mins with moutinho (33) and a forward who can do the raul role, which will be hardest. Atleast rondon if we cant get anyone better. Anything else will be a bonus, a rwb would be very nice. But this is a must if we are serious. I would love someone in the jota role, since we have seen cav/traore cant do it, but I doubt we will

i think Rondon could do a great job for us. him Raul & Diogo would be a very useful front 3 to chose from

Well perez just sold for 30m, and although hes a better player than rondon (and younger), its not that much of a difference so I think 13-14m or whatever his clause is is a bargain

£16.5m and we already agreed to pay it.

His wage demands are the issue and that is why we have walked away, as have every other interested premier league club

We offered it a few weeks ago didn't we and then had talks with him and said no thanks on wages.

Don't think we've done anything. There's some residual interest but he hasn't even been in the country for weeks.

Wasn’t it an agreement on appearances he wanted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There aren't any reports anywhere of us making this bid. There were certainly no posts on this forum of a bid and a subsequent breakdown in negotiations as far as I remember, and my memory is generally ok.

Where are you getting this from?

Wee were rumoured to be in for him. That was it.

It was definitely reported somewhere very early in the transfer summer. God knows about the veracity of said report.

I think you may be referring to a minimum buy out clause in his contract around that amount, but nothing has been agreed with any clubs, publicly at least.

Well perez just sold for 30m, and although hes a better player than rondon (and younger), its not that much of a difference so I think 13-14m or whatever his clause is is a bargain

You can't compare Rondon with Perez they're completely different players.

Of course they are, just generally speaking I think perez is the better forward, although I dont think many on this board rate him. Rondon would suit our playstyle more.

It was definitely reported somewhere very early in the transfer summer. God knows about the veracity of said report.

There was something along the lines of "the overall cost of the deal is too high".

Back