• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

We probably still have no interest but in fairness when we said we had no interest before we were playing with one central striker, he might be seen as a better fit now we use two.

Him and Jiminez though are similar, except he is less flexible in his roles. The news about Tammy Abraham seemed to be genuine at the time and then the way Jota is used makes me think that any striker coming in will be similar thinking. In the sense they will be to add their own style/element. Rather than be a 'this guy is Jiminez cover'.

Thing about Raúl is that he's such an all rounder that you're going to struggle to find anyone who can effectively do everything that he does for us.

Anyone we bring in has to have their own unique skillset. I don't see that Andre Silva has anything about him that would give us anything we don't already have, apart from maybe being slightly better 1v1?

Pete O'Rourke who when he puts his own name to an article is still pretty accurate says England's Will Norris is off to the Championship on loan, loads of options apparently. Assuming it's to start that's a good move and to all.those who told me Ruddy would go [emoji13]

As soon as Ruddy did the media stuff upon the return and talking about Europa it was clear he was happy here. Nice bonus.

Yep, has to be bollocks. Neves swapped for Andre Silva and £15m. As Neves is worth >£60m and we can buy Silva for £25m I think we can discount that one

Hope so cuz if we lose Neves as part of this deal we can a kiss 7th place goodbye next season😐

We won’t. That is Berlusconi run media fishing. AC Milan can’t afford Neves.

Milan don't have any Europe whatsoever. Neves wouldn't leave us for that.

We won’t. That is Berlusconi run media fishing. AC Milan can’t afford Neves.

Don’t Ac Milan have enough financial issues they spend £100m + its going to take to get Neves Uefa will be brandishing the FFP card quicker than bitter championship clubs

They have withdrawn from the Europa to start with a clean slate. However they still wouldn’t pay what we want. It’s a nothing story.

We're about to start preseason with zero first team signings so far... zero solid rumours... anyone else getting a bit worried? We're gonna have up to what, 60 competative games this season we cant do it with 18 players

I have a concern that our squad won't be deep enough quality wise if we go far into Europe. I don't have any concerns that it won't be the size that Nuno wants and we sign 3 players in the next month. Wouldn't surprise me if some of our key targets have been busy in one of the International tournaments across the Summer

It's certainly getting late for getting new players accustomed to our style if we want them to hit the ground running. Look how long Dendoncker took to find his way into the team. So while I'm sure new signings are on the way, it is a little concerning that there has been zero movement in at all yet. And yes I think our 1st team squad is painfully thin, even though I know this is how Nuno wants it.

We're about to start preseason with zero first team signings so far... zero solid rumours... anyone else getting a bit worried? We're gonna have up to what, 60 competative games this season we cant do it with 18 players

I trust Jeff Shi & Nuno silence is the best policy for them to get a good deal

Not worried in the slightest. The market hasn't got going yet.

We only need 3 or 4 anyway. Loads of time to get our targets in.

Injuries aside, I'd be fairly confident that we could name the team vs. Leicester now

I've seen a lot of people talk about the Dendoncker situation and say that if any signings don't have a full pre-season they won't play at the start.

This doesn't necessarily follow at all, it will be treated on a case by case basis, the season we went up - Bonatini was signed a few days before the Boro game and played none of pre season but started and scored on the opening day

Back