• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

We haven't bid £16.5m for Rondon, that's his release fee, we had preliminary discussions with Albion around whether we could get him for less but nothing beyond that.

As for Benitez wanting him, it could just be a lazily made up link, if not like anyone going there he'll need to decide whether money or football is more important to him

Of course they are, just generally speaking I think perez is the better forward, although I dont think many on this board rate him. Rondon would suit our playstyle more.

If you think Rondon and Perez are the same player you really have no idea what you're talking about. They are as different as Jota and Raul.

Pretty sure if we really wanted Rondon here and were willing to pay the release clause, he would be here already.

We’ve been burnt before by hanging around for a whole window for a player to make his mind up (Zinchenko, anyone?), so I’d like to think Fosun have learnt their lesson on that front.

If we met the release clause (doubtful) and got word that the player wanted to wait and see what else was on offer, we should have moved on there and then.

I’m just waiting for that first solid link to break and for the name to blow us out of the water.

We really need a couple of top quality players to come in. We were very lucky with a lack of serious injuries last season, and with all the potential extra games this season we would be stretched to cope without additions to the squad.

I have no idea whether we are actually interested in Rondon or not. Neither does anyone else. For the sake of debate, if we are interested we probably haven’t completed a deal because he’s been on international duty. We’re not going to be turning our nose up at £16m because a) it’s nothing b) we spent more than that on Traore to meet a release clause despite him being worth less c) his release clause is lower than market value.

He will probably be back in training in a a week or two, then something might happen, whereas at the moment I’m not sure he’s willing to do a medical on the beach.

MFW GFFH is in the thread

xDoq7AI.gif

MFW GFFH is in the thread

xDoq7AI.gif

Well, that's a cryptic one for us older members. Is that a reference to Gold Flag Flying High? Hope so as he usually has some useful info. But no idea what MFW means. Also confused by little girl GIF #FeelingMyAge

Yeah I noticed them in the thread. It just means "my face when". There's also MRW which is "my reaction when".

If Arsenal are planning to loan him back, I doubt he’s going to instantly improve our 11. Our defence is significantly stronger than theirs.

I’m not sure who i would want from that list. Maybe Wanyama but he wouldn’t come here to be a squad member and he is injured a lot. Rose would want too much wages wise.

Marcus Edwards is unbelievably talented, but can see him going back abroad where he did well last season

Wanyama is broken and Rose is a wanker.

Levy will want crazy money for all of them anyway, so probably will only sell one or two.

Edwards was the next big thing a few years ago, same as was Pritchard who’s now at hudds...

Wanyama is broken and Rose is a wanker.

Sorry deutsch I don't usually post on here I don't know where you get that Danny rose is a wanker he is a friend of my wife and I can assure you he is a very nice lad

Sorry deutsch I don't usually post on here I don't know where you get that Danny rose is a wanker he is a friend of my wife and I can assure you he is a very nice lad

And a bloody good footballer. If there are genuinely people turning their nose up at Danny Rose then they need to give their head a wobble.

He wouldn’t sign for us - that said I’m not sure where else he will go. Maybe Leicester if they sell Chilwell?

He’s impressed me with how he has spoken out over issues he feels are important too. He comes across as very honest

I’ve worked out why Dan doesn’t like him however - he’s related to Mark Rankine!

Back