• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Might as well get Mr Bean to give a logical explanation, Gallagher and Walton are just Ref apologists.

They didn’t approach aggressively
Aahh so running in to tell the ref to fuck off...bad if you are 3rd to arrive.
Standing still to say that.. all good.

So next time are we going to see a race between our three players to get to the ref first, whoever comes 3rd gets booked?

Semedo and Adama will be sorted, dangerous times for Kilman and Costa.

Aahh so running in to tell the ref to fuck off...bad if you are 3rd to arrive.
Standing still to say that.. all good.
Just for clarity, my comment was tongue i cheek. From what’s been said, it’s utter rubbish.

It looked to me, that he had decided to book a Wolves player and as Lemina was the last to arrive, he thought he would book him. He actually pulled the card out before Lemina had arrived, as though it was meant for someone else.

I'd love to see lemina's run again before he got sent off as I seem to remember a soton player going wailing in two footed

It's bollocks, it was a training ground move
Yeah, I can't imagine any pro footballer at the bottom of the league looking certs for relegation throwing a game, any game, to get the manager sacked. I could be wrong but I just can't see it.

Can understand why they tried it once. Daft to do it on the second one - you've got one of the best free kick takers in the world standing over it and it's pretty much last kick of the game. Just let the lad shoot. Thankfully for us, he didn't!

I think Tony brought up a point about the standards of refereeing being dreadful, but that there's no collusion or corruption and I have to agree.

The mistakes officials have made this weekend have been so bad, MOTD could scrap Goal of the Month and had a Shit Decision of the Day section, and it would have been bloody difficult to pick a winner. I wouldn't have Lemina's dismissal in the top 3 either, and that was a shambolic decision.

I can''t believe there's corruption/collusion. IMO, they're just bloody awful and they haven't a clue what they're doing. There's zero consistency, and the fact huge decisions went against Arsenal and Chelsea this weekend suggest there's no big club bias. Just shit officials who badly need replacing.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Langers. Certainly not corruption throughout the lot of them but it wouldn't surprise me if one or two of them were involved in spot fixing or deliberately giving certain decisions.

Didn't Halsey come out at one time after he retired and said it all goes on within PGMOL?

I'm not sure Langers. Certainly not corruption throughout the lot of them but it wouldn't surprise me if one or two of them were involved in spot fixing or deliberately giving certain decisions.

Didn't Halsey come out at one time after he retired and said it all goes on within PGMOL?

I'm sure unconscious bias comes into it a lot, especially at the bigger grounds in key fixtures. Not excusing these mistakes, but I see why some of them happen.

But the sheer inconsistencies and appalling decisions that happens every single week involving sides at both ends of the table just lead me to believe that they're fucking hopeless rather than corrupt.

What do refs get paid a year £80k or something? It seems plausible to me that someone in that situation feels like they should be getting a bigger slice of the pie

Back