• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 Cardiff 3 -The verdict

Genuinely thought we'd have a good go at it this afternoon but we even failed at simplicity. The recent methods were warranted because of our diabolical defence but what we got away with against the even more diabolical defence of Fulham were sussed and executed by a clever but lacking Cardiff side (aided and abetted by our clowns).

For me we now return to 4-1-4-1 and stick with it.

Ikeme floundered for the first and we were took apart down our left for the rest - Doherty abysmal, but the others watching didn't help either. Zero lively, disciplined and positioned well throughout but Graham and VLP haven't really got the cerebral qualifications to pick him out. A slow, languid and frighteningly unmotivated mess of a performance.

Worst I've seen Mac this seen. Never play Coady right or Edwards deep again please Kenneth and please get a centre half and left back in asap. I've gone from a manic hope of top six to being thankful we're almost safe. Our attempts at attacking crosses (1 out of 4 were attackable) are simply laughable.

Bright and Henry energetic.

MoM The Referee.

The first time you've given him a shred of credit.

But I can also admit I may have been wrong in the past.

Takes a certain sort of person to be able to do that.

Graham has been excellent, but today I thought he was poor.

To say I don't like flair players is ridiculous. And poor on your part. For that next time I see you I'm gonna buy you a pint of carlsberg.

I respectfully disagree with your Edwards assessment.

His positive impact is playing further forward, running his baps off and preventing balls in to undermine our left back. Any positive gain from Dave was lost today. We were took apart down our left until they decided to defend the lead and watch us look like twats.

The second half was pure tripe from ourselves and we deserved fuck all out of this one.
Hopefully this will make the powers that be realise that this squad is bang average withe players at its disposal.
As I said on the match thread Russell Slade has done the double over KJ this season with an aggregate of 5-1.

Here's a question. Subs. Why aren't they warming up? Did Henry warm up?
They weren't Tuesday which is plain ridiculous imo

Here's a question. Subs. Why aren't they warming up? Did Henry warm up?
They weren't Tuesday which is plain ridiculous imo

I've noticed that lately, KJ seems reluctant enough to do subs anyway but weird too that you don't see our players warm up down the touchline much

Also - how was Bright? He sounded like he got involved in a few bits of play but I don't like to judge a performance by what Andy Thompson thinks.

I thought the third goal was McDonalds fault that touch and blam taken off his toes.

With SM being there today to see that rubbish, it will hopefully push him into making some big decisions. But I won't hold my breath.

Also - how was Bright? He sounded like he got involved in a few bits of play but I don't like to judge a performance by what Andy Thompson thinks.
He was lively and tried to get involved. Had a couple of decent touches/ runs, but is as green as his boots.

Who is competing for McDonald's shirt? Saville?

Looked neat and quick but difficult as Cardiff had sunk back by then. There was massive failure to get Zero involved today. Big fails from Graham and VLP.

That isn't exactly a shining endorsement. I stand by my statement. He was awful.

Gutted, how did we not win this game. Thought our overall play was pretty good especialy first half, bossed the game and restricted Cardiff to not many chances........unfortunately our defence was abysmal, Iorfa did ok, better than that on occasion but the rest were dismal. I've always defended Ikeme over the last couple of seasons and he's been fine but this season making too many poor mistakes, that first goal he just had to save, no power in it, centre of the goal and hardly any deviation, sorry Carl but its time for Martinez.
Doherty was ok going forward and made a couple of good tackles but he is out of position too often and just isn't quick or nimble enough to get back, opposition forwards get round the back of him far to easily,
Eel/Baath were terrible, if we play anything like offensively they are just not good enough..maybe one of them with a decent CB but not together, lost count of the number of times one or the other totally misjudged a header..should be bread and butter.
Iorfa did well mostly, even when caught out of position, quick enough to recover, did quite well going forward too.
Kmac, usual mixed bag, a couple of good passes, over hit a couple of crosses when under no pressure and continues to get himself in trouble and give the ball away in dangerous places.
Edwards, at the risk of getting myself hung on here, thought he was one of our best players today, got his tackles in, closed people down and started a few nice attacks.
Coady, while not terrible, just isn't a wide player..get Byrne in that position.
Graham, probably his worst game, too many twists and turns and his crossing was very poor today, but hey everyone has an off day and has been our best player since he came in so deserves a bit of slack...hope he's ok.
VLP, I am one of his biggest critics but though he played well today especially first half, still frustrates at times with his decision making but worth another look on this showing.
Zyro, another goal, gets in good positions..a bit slow off the mark and a couple passes were woefully underhit, also didn't win as much in the air as I expected but looks to have the makings of a good player when he gets used to the Champ......a striker he ain't, probably best at number 10.
We need a left back, an experienced CB and a striker minimum imo..also I would give Kmac a rest, maybe go with 2 from Edwards, Coady, Price and let Graham/Byrne/VLP do the creating with ALF/ANother up top

Forgot to say, cast iron penalty, Kmac made a good run into the box and was shoved in the back and flattened, no question in my mind

Graham for the first 10 mins was like that annoying kid at school who never passed to anyone. We could have had a couple of goals if he'd crossed the ball instead of shooting from ridiculously tight angles.

I'd be happy never to see Doherty in a Wolves shirt again.

Batth was pretty much hopeless for most of the game as well.

Think we need to see a change in goalkeeper. Had had enough of Ikeme at West Ham and him constantly kicking it out of play trying to land it on Henry's head.

I thought Edwards did well too. Particularly in the first half he won the ball and set up decent counter attacks. Graham made some wrong calls but at least he has confidence in his ability to hold onto the ball in tight situations and he is always looking to be positive - players like that are sometimes going to frustrate. Bad decision making was VLP trying to beat the keeper at the near post when there were 3 or 4 better options in the box.

Based on our first half performance we shouldn't have gone in behind but by the end of the game we deserved to be beaten, the second half was rank bad and Cardiff were relaxed because we didn't put the under any real pressure.

Those 4 wins just masked the problem and he was standing on the touch line.

Back