• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Newcastle: Verdict Thread

Uncle Jorge has three unemployed managers on his books, it’ll be one of them is my guess

Hwang and Doherty have no place even being named in the squad, let alone setting foot on the pitch. Fucking Guedes did more than Hwang this evening.

Still paying the price for not replacing either of our two marquee sales and I struggle to see Johnstone as any sort of upgrade over Sa.

The 5/1 I took on relegation in pre-season is looking like it'll pay for the inevitable Championship season ticket.

Everton Onana
Brentford Toney
Palace Olise, Andersen
Fulham Palhinha
Bournemouth Solanke

They are our contemporaries and those the club aspire to be measured against. That's the reality of where we are at, delusional to think otherwise. It's how you invest and how the manager reacts that counts

Of the players we've sold in the last 3 years who were starters or thereabouts
MGW - that's on Lage and Nuno. Didn't want to be here
Boly - Lage again
Neves - had to go due to other poor financial decisions
Nunes - never wanted to be here in the first place
Coady - Lage again and an issue with playing in a 4
Kilman - would have been madness to reject £40m
Jimenez - Fell out with Lop and looked a shadow of his former self. Still not close to what he was, but has recovered more than I thought he would.
Podence - Fell out with Lop, wanted out from then
Collins - made a profit, I still think there was a player there, but the right move
Neto - wanted out, see his celebration on their 6th. Got a good fee given his injury record. Early days, but not going well for him there.
Nicely put. It's delusional to think teams outside the top six are going to hold onto players that want to move to bigger clubs that pay more and win more. It's both a shame and a mystery that Hwang isn't on your list.

Last edited:
Yeah all about how you invest we seem to have massively imbalanced the squad.
Whilst on paper I think we’ve got enough to stay up it’s just not that simple.
The run of fixtures worries me that we could be on as little as 2 points come November.
Confidence will be shattered and crowd will be toxic.

The 5/1 I took on relegation in pre-season is looking like it'll pay for the inevitable Championship season ticket.
You stuck £100+ on us getting relegated? Some bet that.

It was after we'd appointed him and there was a lot of fan unrest about who we'd given the job to. Not a reference you'll get, but I'm sure you'll understand. 'Look at what you could've won'.
I can see the idea there but if that was their thought then they’re even less competent than they appear.

They are!
Fair, you know what I mean though.

Once the matches start, those kinds of comparisons can only get you so far. Is Lampard a bigger cunt and probably worse manager? I’d say yes to both. Would he have feasibly done worse to start the season? I mean, it’s not exactly a long way down.

The two decent managers they’ve employed have each left/sacked due to speaking out about the shite transfer policies at the club.
Their decisions will end up taking us full circle and back to where we were in 2017, it’s case of when not if.

Hwang and Doherty have no place even being named in the squad, let alone setting foot on the pitch. Fucking Guedes did more than Hwang this evening.

Still paying the price for not replacing either of our two marquee sales and I struggle to see Johnstone as any sort of upgrade over Sa.

You bet money on your own club going down??

The team were performing well first half. Scored a fine goal and should have had more. I like JSL, a proper physical number 9 winning his aerial battles and a proper handful, Andre is a baller and looks a great addition alongside Gomes and Lemina. Great having Dawson back in defence. I thought JRB had a better game today too. Then O'Neil starts messing, no issue with taking JRB off but Hwang? Seriously? Then bringing on the cart horse Doherty for Semedo, why? The substitutions cost us big time yet again and this abysmal run continues. We are in trouble. I know most people wax lyrical about O'Neil but I don't think he's good enough. 5 or 6 PL teams were looking for managers this summer but none knocked on our door to enquire about O'Neil. Why the hell did we give him that new contract? That guy with the beard who is in 5th spot with Forest would get far more from this group but sadly we pissed him off and we are where we are

Why wouldn't you, if that's what you believe? We were ridiculously long late in the Saunders season when anyone going knew what was happening, I got stuck in.
I don’t know if I’m fully equipped to grapple with this. It’s actually kind of shocking to me.

I don’t have any idea how I should feel about it. 😅

Back